which MSR fuel bottle + holder?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by stringer, Jul 9, 2008.

1. stringer

stringer Banned

which size MSR fuel bottle are you guys buying? also, which holder is know to work well with this size? im just trying to avoid buying parts that will not be compatible. thanx!

2. astring

astring Member

the fuel big bottle and the Bell rubber cage holder. They have those cage holders at the evil Walmart.

3. stude13

stude13 Active Member

the ones at walmart are painted with lead on the inside like the toys they sell. another good buy is babby bottles.-oh yeah they have low cost medecine too. ride on mitch

4. stringer

stringer Banned

ok thanks, so i should get the 33oz bottle? just makign sure before i spend. thanks so much. :grin:

5. SirJakesus

SirJakesus Guest

Compared to some WalMart is benign corporation. Search Halliburton, Monsanto and Bayer and you'll get my point.

I use a 22oz MSR and a standard metal bottle holder.

6. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

I got mine from Walmart and it works just great and I paid less there for the same China made product. Its your money, I just prefer to keep mine in my wallet.

7. astring

astring Member

I am really glad that I got that 33 oz bottle and it fits into that Bell bottle cage really well.

8. stringer

stringer Banned

much appreciated!

astring, are those bottle cages you are referring to black?

9. astring

astring Member

yup, those are the ones. they have a rubber strap that goes around the bottle.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2008
  10. graucho

graucho Active Member

For anyone reading this thread who dosent know what a MSR fuel bottle is, this is what they are talking about. Sorry for butting in. Just trying to keep this a "information station" :grin: And another source to get a MSR bottle.
    http://domsoutdoor.com/product.asp?pn=1-012280

11. stringer

stringer Banned

guys i was just about to order when i double checked the staton site and it looks like the 96oz tanks are in stock!!!!

i am worried though, this business doesnt seem to answer emails or phone calls. :-x

12. jimmyglitter

jimmyglitter Member

I wouldn't worry, they have a habit of doing that but I haven't heard of anyone not receiving their orders.

13. jimmyglitter

jimmyglitter Member

By the way, no matter what size tank you have, it is always wise to have a msr reserve.

14. kerf

kerf Guest

I've been doing business with David Staton for three years and bought several kits and various parts. I've never had a problem with him and I always place my orders via phone. As long as he has what I want in stock, order and delivery happen within a week.

15. Warner

Warner Member

I didn't hear back from a call I placed yesterday either, after placing my order on Monday, so I called again today. I spoke with someone (David?) who told me my order would ship on Monday. If that's true, I'm pleased! I don't have any doubts about the quality of the kit, and 1 week to get my "stuff" together seems reasonable. I will of course keep everyone posted....

Warner

16. Warner

Warner Member

Good info Graucho......thanks for adding that clarification....

Warner