Which paint scheme?

Discussion in 'Painting, Welding, Bending and Gas Tanks' started by 4doora, Nov 7, 2007.

What paint scheme?

1. Military (flat green)

5 vote(s)
  2. Hot Rod (flat black)

6 vote(s)
  3. other (suggest a theme)

1 vote(s)
  1. 4doora

4doora Guest

Hi everyone
    I've chosen the bike that i will hopefully be attaching a motor to, it's a komda (Chinese) folding bike.
    Well, right now it's sitting in my room in pieces because I've decided to paint it.
    I'm having trouble deciding what paint scheme i should choose, I've narrowed it down to a military theme (flat green with all chrome painted flat black) or a hot rod theme (flat black, with red rims). I'm leaning towards the military theme, but i'd like to get some more opinions
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2007

2. minibiker

minibiker Guest

black would be cool lookin especially if you could put a cheesy flame job on it
  3. acoop101

acoop101 Guest

What ever you do invest some money in the paint job, I shaker caned (spray paint) my bike after priming the frame and it has started to peal. I would recomend a powder coat, or some other more official paint job. A dark navy blue would look good too.:)
  4. Florescent orange for safety and BLING!

But really,it's a cool bike,but to try to give that bike a cool paint job,flat just brings it to the dull masses.

FLASH it to the world. Florescent is FABULOUS!
  5. 4doora

4doora Guest

Well, i have to admit that i started painting it a couple days ago.
    I chose the military theme, and i have to say i'm quite pleased with my choice.:grin:
    I just used some rustoleum paint, it hasn't let me down yet.
    I'm towards the end of my assembly, i'll post a picture when it's done.

I've seen hundreds of fluorescent bikes, nothing says custom like flat paint.
    Not that i have anything against bright colors (i painted my truck bright orange :cool:)
  6. 4doora

4doora Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2007
  7. Barret

Barret Guest

Looks great, 4doora! After I voted 'flat black', I almost posted and said that the green would look equally cool. Nice job!
  8. Woah. That's pretty cool. Good choice.
  9. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member