Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
your point?

what have you done??
oh...you started a poll, today.

try this..... shhhhhhhhhhhh
and your point?

What gives? Why is everyone so critical about every single thing I say??

I said something doesn't seem like a good idea, and everyone reads that as me saying it isn't a good idea. I mean... wtf? I stated my opinion expecting to get a rebuttal, but everybody tells me I can't state my opinion. If trailer pushers are really the be-all end-all for motored bikes, shut this forum down... it's not needed any longer.

Where is this proper etiquette manual for posting on this forum that I missed?

Soo... back on topic:

(1) So nobody finds frame-mounted 4-strokes uncomfortable from heat & larger size when pedalling? I would expect it to be quite uncomfortable, but I'll trust your experience over the way these pictures make the protruding 4-strokes out to be.

(2) Is there anything really special about GEBE's geared kevlar belt drive that it gets 200+mpg?? I'm assuming they it still slips when wet, tho, right?

(3) I see lots of people saying that they can start pedaling, pop the clutch with their happy time engines, and be off without pull starting it... can 4-strokes not do the same??

(4) If there were a race between a 49cc 2-stroke & 49cc 4-stroke bicycle (everything else identical)... which one would win? 4-stoke has more torque but 2-stroke has more power, which means the 2-stroke will have a greater top speed correct??

consider chilling just a bit...some of us have been at this for over a year now, sometimes some stuff gets old. your comprehensive poll is fresh, but the question is not.

it's very common for a new arrival to expect too much...noone wants to get the message that we are all in this together. take a chance, make the best choice you can by "read read read'ing" (not just here, but anywhere)...then report...someday we may actually have the answer to "what's the best?" but we're not there by a longshot.

i'm purposely abstaining, but i find myself interested in the long-term results. if you search my posts, tho, you will find many details that address almost all of your inquiries.

1-forced-air cooling answers that
2-the GEBE belt and ring are toothed
3-most 4-stroke kits are using centrifugal clutch or other auto, & require a pull-start
4-too many variables at this time

let this poll roll for a while to get a good look at the demographics of the motorsport :cool:

Once again my words are misread. The question wasn't "What's the best?", it was "Which setup floats your boat most?" Which one draws most of your attention? Which one would you rather have if money wasn't an option?

And yes, I will chill out once my conceptual questions are answered, because then I'll only have details like which bike, which motor, etc...

well then, doggone it, i have personally answered that one many times over. and, as an established member of this community, i'd feel better if you gave me the courtesy of reading what i've already contributed before asking me to do it all over again. if there's anything i can clarify for you, which i will gladly do, post your question as a 'reply' in one of my existing topics.

btw:
trailer pushers
anyone riding/building any bicycle with any motor-assist deserves your full encouragement at MBc...it may not be your cup-o-tea, but

more riders, more better :cool:

well then, doggone it, i have personally answered that one many times over. and, as an established member of this community, i'd feel better if you gave me the courtesy of reading what i've already contributed before asking me to do it all over again. if there's anything i can clarify for you, which i will gladly do, post your question as a 'reply' in one of my existing topics.
Firstly, I didn't ask for any answer specifically from you. You're the one that chose to come into my thread... so I'd feel better if you played nicely.

btw:
anyone riding/building any bicycle with any motor-assist deserves your full encouragement at MBc...it may not be your cup-o-tea, but
'Scuse me... didn't see that in the etiquette manual. Everyone deserves full encouragement so long as they like motored bikes. . . Got it!

more riders, more better :cool:
No doubt.

Back on topic, once again...

Provided frame-mounted 4-strokes aren't the slightest bit uncomfortable and 4-strokes have an equivalent or greater top speed compared to 2-strokes of the same displacement, I'd be able to come up with my own answer to this question.

But of course nobody cares because I'm the frivilous, psychotic one that doesn't play nice. How come those posts aren't removed or edited, but a mod had to take out homeslice from my post. There is nothing derogatory about homeslice in any way. Am I wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:
look, i'm not the ogre peeps like to portray me as, but i am serious as a heart attack about content and structure...you've kind of stormed in & the first (oops, 2nd) thing you did was say you don't like being 'forced' into showing basic manners...but you were forewarned.

from the admin PM, which you either didn't read or ignored, i've highlighted the really important stuff for you:
As a matter of courtesy and MBc policy, your first post should be in the "Introduce Yourself" forum. Start a "New Thread" and let us know about your level of mechanical know-how, and also let us know if you're new to using forums. You're about to meet some of the coolest, most forward-thinking people you've ever met...give them a proper chance to get to know you and there isn't anything they won't do for you. Common sense and good manners are the name of the game at MotoredBikes.com, and you'll quickly learn you get exactly what you give around here.
so, i guess you started it, eh?

ps-i edited your last post, so long as i don't have to do any more of that, we'll keep talking...you need to take a look around, we don't live for the numbers, we live for the quality of the content.

"what's the best?" (by any other name) is so old (and non-productive) it's starting to stink.

look, i'm not the ogre peeps like to portray me as...you've kind of stormed in & the first (oops, 2nd) thing you did was say you don't like being 'forced' into showing basic manners...but you were forewarned.
If you don't want me to introduce myself, maybe you shouldn't require people to introduce themselves. If I felt like introducing myself, I would. But I played along and started off my introduction by saying I don't like being forced to do things... FACT. No matter how much I was forewarned (not much, I stumbled upon a few other threads where people were told to go to the introduction forum, so to save save time I went there all by myself) it's not going to change the fact that I don't like being forced to do things. But of course that didn't work, because mods don't want me to say I don't like being forced to do things, so we have to expend even more time and energy on the most ridiculous shiz like thiz.

"what's the best?" is so old (and non-productive) it's starting to stink.
Look, I understood from the beginning that there is no best because there are too many different bike frames, engines, parts, riders, etc. for there to be just one, holy motored bike... that's why I asked "Which one floats your boat most?" But obviously that wasn't good enough either. How about replacing it with "Which of these is most like your dream ride?" or "If you had to pick one to keep forever, which would it be?" Does that make you feel better? If it doesn't, don't pay any attention to this thread. This is a product of my curiosity... if you don't want curiosity, maybe you should add that to the Admin's first PM. This message board really is full of the nit pickiest buncha people I've never imagined.

And there was nothing non-productive about this poll... other the rambling of how I must support everyone else's ideas, because I was unsure of how something could be worthwhile since I'd never seen a bicycle trailer pusher before... I apologized for all the touchy people here already, build a bridge and get over that river you just cried.

Last edited by a moderator:
nit-picky by design...this is by far the most detailed & comprehensive collection of motoredbiking info anywhere.

you think that happened by accident?

policy isn't open to debate, is you in or is you out?

in case you're pondering..."bygones" is no problem here, just don't expect structure to be changing :)

Back