Tires White Tires 26 x 2.125 - ebay - help...!

Discussion in 'Bicycle Repair' started by JemmaUK, Aug 12, 2008.

1. JemmaUK

JemmaUK Guest

I have found some white tires on ebay for $36 - and ordered them..

Then I find out that the guy is going to charge me $45 shipping... to the UK

Is that a reasonable price - I think its a little steep personally..

any ideas or do I just accept the extra cost?

Jemma xx

2. butch27

butch27 Guest

I would say that's about right. Shipping here has gone out of sight. I've bought parts and the shipping was more than the cost of the part!:confused:
  3. h0tr0d

h0tr0d Member

The white tires are getting harder to find and 36 bucks is a good price. The shipping you cant do much about, but in total it seems like a good deal to the UK.
  4. JE

JE Guest

Who is he using as a shipper.PM me you're address and his and i'll do some checking around for you if you'd like.
  5. Esteban

Esteban Active Member

According to the Postal Service, if the package is does not weigh over 4lbs, the price is about $30. Over 4lbs, & it jumps to $39 & up. The Postal Service used to offer " sea freight ," , which was much cheaper, but that is no longer offered.
    Are you friends with a U.S. Serviceman ? Rates are cheaper to them.
  6. Pablo

Pablo Motored Bikes Sponsor

If they aren't foldable (ie can't fit in a standard USPS box) then that sounds about right.
  7. JemmaUK

JemmaUK Guest

I thought it might be size related because I doubt you could curl up that sort of tire small enough to fit in a standard box.

I've ordered them anyways - since I couldnt find any anywhere else and I really think they would suit the bike.

Redid my exhaust silencer as well - thought my engine was gonna fall to bits - turns out the exhaust was blowing and sounding like mechanical noise...

Jemma xx
  8. bobby-brazil

bobby-brazil New Member

i bought mine from the manufacturer - cocker tire they've a website.