Whizzer Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPJ

Local time
11:55 AM
Hi, has anyone found it advantageous to use a higher capacity battery than the the stock Whizzer battery ( small motorcycle battery???) ,or is the standard battery all that is needed? I have the impression from a couple of local riders that the supplied battery is marginal at best. Any comments appreciated. Thanks

Don't know that there would be any benefit, but there is a long gap between a Whizzer battery and a motorcycle battery.

The Whizzer battery is 12v, 1.3ah. A typical small motorcycle battery is at about 12ah and it goes up from there.

I am using a 7ah battery for my lights, but without an on-board charging system. I'm thinking a battery larger than 1.3ah, but about the same size could be had with more storage. The 7ah, and certainly the 12ah is much, much larger.

Hi SPJ,

Using a larger battery might be a small help, however the real problem is in the charging system. If the stock battery is discharged it takes forever for the charging sytem to produce enough power to run the lights and supply extra to charge the battery.

Have fun,

what battery?

I don't really see why a person needs one. I've had zero trouble with my kit and i have front/rear lights. didn't put signals on, but arms work still. course, no lights when the engine is off....:rolleyes:

Thanks for the input folks , I think I'll go with the standard battery. I'll just have to give up the idea of running a set of air horns.:D:D

Don't know that there would be any benefit, but there is a long gap between a Whizzer battery and a motorcycle battery.

The Whizzer battery is 12v, 1.3ah. A typical small motorcycle battery is at about 12ah and it goes up from there.

I am using a 7ah battery for my lights, but without an on-board charging system. I'm thinking a battery larger than 1.3ah, but about the same size could be had with more storage. The 7ah, and certainly the 12ah is much, much larger.
What does a battery look like and where is it located

Later motors were able to charge a 7AH battery, but the majority of motors have issues with keeping the 1.3 AH batter charged. The later NE motors had more charging coils [7 plus one ignition coil] and the 2007 Ambassador was electric start and keep battery charged well.

Have fun,

Attachments

• DSCF1067.JPG
    DSCF1067.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 474
  • DSCF1086.JPG
    DSCF1086.JPG
    173 KB · Views: 304
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back