Whizzer in Santa Monica, CA

H20RIDER

Local time
4:51 PM
Hey all - I've been modifying a Whizzer picked up from a guy who couldn't get it to run. Now after having to make new parts, modify others, and jury-rig others, I have new respect for John DeLorean. Sometimes I think it would have been cheaper and easier to buy a custom built Harley! LOL

Welcome Whizzer owner

Hi H20, there is much fun to be had with that Whizzer, including the New Delta Whiz-in coming up in spring, check into the Whizzer catagory here, and do not hesitate to contact me if I can help you. My brother is a Whizzer dealer in Atacadero if that also might help you.

What kind of Whizzer did you get? I have 05 NE5, wife has 05 NE5 and I have a 47 H motor, and some other stuff,

Mike

On the road last night ....Whee-doggies!

Just last night got it all together...functionally, at least...and terrorized the neighborhood for about half an hour. Originally a W- whatever, I changed the cylinder, head, carb, lifters, and exhaust to beyond NE-5. I added an autoclutch, and then changed the rear hub to a drum brake (not yet as happy with that as I'd like). I added a freewheel and can counter-rotate my pedals now, for easier placement. I added heavier spokes to the rear hub and without thinking it completely through, changed from a 3 cross to a 4 cross lacing on the spokes. The sheave locks no longer fit the same, so I modified those and they function well. I "bobber-ized" the bike some, removing the speedometer, all decals and stickers, and a few other non-essentials. I blacked out most of the chrome, and painted the frame, fenders, etc. olive drab like an old jeep. Oh yeah, i also replaced the inefficient knobbies with higher performance road tires. Even without the clutch being broken in at all, I'm quite pleased with the performance. I have more confidence in the reliability as well. I could probably sell a Whizzer a week without doing anything but riding around town....not because I am a good salesman( I am not a salesman, at all)...but because people are fascinated by Whizzers.
The saga continues..........

Back