Whizzer marketing mistake!!!

Apology

I did not try to intentionally post inaccurate information. In fact the second line of my post said that I did not get this directly from Whizzer. That being said I think that it at least nudged them to answer some of the questions all us Whizzer owners and dealers were asking. I certainly did not try to start a fight with Whizzer. I also did not want to get any of the dealers in trouble with Whizzer.

I apologize to Debbie La Lone at WhizzerUSA and any of the Whizzer dealers here that I may have gotten in trouble with the company.
I guess I will just keep my big mouth shout from now on.

Jim

I also wish to add my regrets for stirring the pot. I was basing my comments on speculation and second-hand information that I didn't get through discussions with any of the Whizzer dealers, and I quite obviously did not have all the facts. I offer my most humble apologies.
However, I do stand behind one question, and that is the one of why all three models cannot coexist together. Because the new NE model features upgrades, one cannot assume it to cost the same as the outgoing model. So my question is this, can't the NE5 be continued as the "base" model, with the new NE and the Ambassador being the more expensive "deluxe" models? I think that despite the upgrades to the new NE, the classic NE5 would remain a viable and strong seller.

Last edited:
It sounds to me like they are making exactly the right changes. The new bike should be a much more functional ride (better acceleration and hill climbing, much needed brake improvements) while retaining the good characteristics of the current one. Hooray!

Let me restate a very large number of whizzer dealer position.Any whizzer dealer with out A motorcycle dealers license witch is A large amount needs under two hp and has to have bicycle pedals or we just go away in many states thats the rules..Bill Green Vancouver Whizzer( As far as better brakes and safety updates GREAT )

Bill, read Debbie's post:

"The most important one being that the new bike we are coming out with, the Whizzer NE-R, will be sold with the same classification and limited speed/horsepower as the NE5 was. We have no intention of making this bike go faster than the NE5 and it will retain the same pedals and general frame design as the NE5. Yes, we are changing over to the Ambassador wheels/disc brakes/forks."

They're upgrading the spaghetti forks too. Excellent!!!

howdy if you like that front end so well I have a complete with wheel , disc ,caliper , even cables Ill sell it to you cheap....Bill Green vancouver Whizzer (by the way I have read the post I was one of the first three dealers it was sent to by whizzer .I was trying to keep my view in the public on this forum )

Last edited:
Welcome to the 20th Century

What took them so long? Could it be the $$ left in inventory like the two POS autoclutches that I have had such a miserable experience with?? Or maybe the POS manual disk brakes that will soon be replaced by hydros. Whizzer needs to Wake UP. These changes are 20 years behind the times. Look at all the performance parts out there....... Not cool at all.

I dont know if my whizzer has the pos clutch and quentin told me they made a lot of diferent kinds. His speed whizzer useses the same clutch as mine and he let me ride it and it does wheel stands. He took mine apart and did some work in his shop for 3 hours while i went fishing on the bridge. It used to slip bad and made loud sounds now it works better then ever. I am on a fixed income and I first wanted to buy a new clutch and he said no and it would break later like the one i already had. I made him take money for his time and gave him 1 hundred dollars to fix my whizzer clutch. It still works the same today and i dont pay any attention to it anymore. If you need your whizzer fixed quentin is the man to help you and he doesnt charge much. I am going back to see them next year on vacation and the fishing is the best in the world at his place.
I want to buy a whizzer from him but i lost the number again. Quentin can you call me today if you read this. I think my friend wants one to and we looked for the number and it is gone.
George

What took them so long? Could it be the $$ left in inventory like the two POS autoclutches that I have had such a miserable experience with?? Or maybe the POS manual disk brakes that will soon be replaced by hydros. Whizzer needs to Wake UP. These changes are 20 years behind the times. Look at all the performance parts out there....... Not cool at all.

You aren't the only person having bad experiences with the auto clutch. What is worse is that they took a good design that merely had a flaw in the material used in the bearing sleeve and came up with a "fix" that makes the problem even worse yet. Originally, the auto clutch had no sleeve for the needle bearings being used. That was a catastrophe. Then they made a sleeve that was too soft for the bearing and ultimately the sleeve would wear out prematurely and cause a bearing failure. Installing a hardened, polished sleeve would have been the simple and most cost effective solution, but they instead fitted a one way bearing sandwiched between two larger sealed bearings. The problem with this revised clutch is that it stops working when it gets hot. The one way bearing becomes loose in the aluminum housing, and grease can/will leak out from the center, past the bearings and onto the belts and shoes. This clutch was apparently brought to market without adequate testing, because I'm hearing a lot of complaints about it. Yet it was fitted to the first batch of Ambassadors, and the last batch of NE5s. Now they're looking to replace the auto clutch with a CVT, and keep the engine powering the CVT under 2hp (in the new NE-R). Despite their optimistic pronouncements, it has been my experience with a CVT (granted, a different design and maker) that it's even tough with a 6.5hp engine to get a CVT to work correctly. I don't see how they'll get it to work right with just 2hp. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I don't have high hopes. As far as I'm concerned, I'll just stay with my slip clutch.

Last edited:
Back