Whizzer NE5 Bogging

capemay51

Local time
8:30 PM
Hello Folks,

I have a 2006 Whizzer NE5 that I picked up about a month ago. It has about 620 miles on it and was taken care of "fairly" well by its previous owner, and is pretty much stock with the exception of the seat. I am noticing that once the engine gets up to normal operating temp she starts bogging under acceleration. I have adjusted the needle(s) but it just doesn't seem to dial in. So, my question is. What are the typical "mods" that may give her some extra power? Has anyone ever swapped the motor out to something with a more hp / reliability (Honda, B&S, etc)? I use this bike to commute back and forth to work every couple days (as a joyride) rather than necessity and it is registered street legal. I am not real impressed with the quality of the motor or components on these newer Whizzers but when the chance came along to grab it I jumped n it as they dont come around often. So I just wanted to get a feel for what others have found to be reliable OR adjustments to the stock motor to get the best operation. Just to answer and questions, oil is clean, plug is gapped properly, valves are set at proper gap, gas is fresh and filter is clean. Thoughts, recommendations? THANKS FELLAS!

Since it bogs after it's warmed up, I'd guess it's too rich. Get it warmed up and take the air filter off and go for a short spin. If it's better, it's too rich.
Hope you fix it!

Back