Whizzer Newsletter

Quenton Guenther

Vendor
Local time
7:02 AM
Many members of this site subscribe to the Whizzer Newsletter published by Terry & Audrey McAllister. The newsletter covers vitage & new edition Whizzers, pictures, swap meets, shows, rides, comming events, etc. In fact I have the honor to write an article [Quenton's Corner]each month helping Whizzer owners keep their rides in top condition. If you own a motorbike, vintage scooter, motorized bicycle, motor assisted bicycle, etc, you would enjoy the exciting "Whizzer Newsletter".
Terry is considered one of the more knowledgable Whizzer collectors, and has many "one of a kind" collector items [2 cylinder Whizzer,etc]. He also holds a few speed records with his OHV/BiMatic Whizzers, and is the leading expert on the Whizzer BiMatic 2 speed drive systems. He just recently returned home from some serious medical issues, but is really doing better. And I am sure one thing that would cheer him up even more would be adding more subscribers to the newsletter. The newsletter is a non prophit venture, and I can't thank him and Audrey enough for spending time publishing it for us, and he really enjoys talking Whizzers.
You can subscribe by email or phone.
theboopsters1750@sbcglobal.net
or 847-639-2228

Have fun,

Last edited:
I get the newsletter and I like it. Good stuff and our own Whizzer guru pens a column in the publication. I look forward every month for the next issue.

Jim

The Newsletter

Well Thanks for the tip Quenton. I just talked to Mrs. McAllister & subscribed to the newsletter.

In answer to the many inquiries we've had about the Whizzer Newsletter, here is some info:

1. Cost is $20 per year (the year being from January thru December). This covers copying and postage.
2. Newsletter comes out monthly.
3. We're always looking for people to write short articles -- technical or experiences of how they got their Whizzers, etc.
4. Send $20 to: Terry McAllister
8407 Chestnut Ln.
Cary, IL 60013
phone: 847-639-2228 -- if you just want to 'talk Whizzers'.

Hello Quenton,
Just had to bring this to your attention. I subscribed to "The Whizzer Bulletin" for five years. From December 1995 to December 2000 it was published by Tom Bartholomew in Wheaton Il. It was just 7 pages and full of Whizzer info. The first year it came monthly then the 2nd. year he changed to every 2 months. It was a great paper and I have saved every issue. After reading your 12/4/2008 thread I pulled out the old"Bulletin" copys and opened up the last issue. To my surprise on page 4 was an article titled "Terry Mc Callister's wife Audrey sent in a fun narrative from the"other half's" point of view from Cary Ill." I was curious if you might have subscribed to the "Bulletin" or read any of the copies? Sadly Tom stopped the paper in Dec. 2000 "he said he ran out of gas"

Don Brown,Dayton,Ohio

Hello Quenton,
Just had to bring this to your attention. I subscribed to "The Whizzer Bulletin" for five years. From December 1995 to December 2000 it was published by Tom Bartholomew in Wheaton Il. It was just 7 pages and full of Whizzer info. The first year it came monthly then the 2nd. year he changed to every 2 months. It was a great paper and I have saved every issue. After reading your 12/4/2008 thread I pulled out the old"Bulletin" copys and opened up the last issue. To my surprise on page 4 was an article titled "Terry Mc Callister's wife Audrey sent in a fun narrative from the"other half's" point of view from Cary Ill." I was curious if you might have subscribed to the "Bulletin" or read any of the copies? Sadly Tom stopped the paper in Dec. 2000 "he said he ran out of gas"

Don Brown,Dayton,Ohio

Hi Don, I not only have most [if not all] of the "Whizzer Bulletins", but all the newsletters from Bob Baker. Bob Baker then Tom Bartholomew, and now Terry Mc Allister.

Here is the information again to buy the newsletter as a great Christmas Gift.
In answer to the many inquiries we've had about the Whizzer Newsletter, here is some info:

1. Cost is $20 per year (the year being from January thru December). This covers copying and postage.
2. Newsletter comes out monthly.
3. We're always looking for people to write short articles -- technical or experiences of how they got their Whizzers, etc.
4. Send $20 to: Terry McAllister
8407 Chestnut Ln.
Cary, IL 60013
phone: 847-639-2228 -- if you just want to 'talk Whizzers'.

Have fun,

i have all of the older whizzer bulletins from the early 90's and they were great! i think i might have to subscribe to the newer news letters...

Hi Everyone,
As many already know Terry & Audrey McAllister left us earlier this year and several Whizzer collectors & experts promised to continue the Whizzer Newsletter. I wish to thank them for supplying the newsletter each month as I know it is a lot of work.

Here is a "Press Release" by the new publishers:

Attention, Whizzer hobbyists who are lamenting the death of Whizzer Newsletter publishers Terry and Audrey McAllister: The Whizzer Newsletter is now being edited monthly by Carolyn Williams, with her husband Reg Williams as technical advisor. Newsletter distribution is being handled by Mary Kay and Ben Reibel. Subscriptions are $25/year ($35 for Canadian subscribers). Mail your check and mailing information to Mary Kay Reibel, 304 S. Lincoln Ave., Aurora, IL 60505. For additional information, call Mary Kay at 630-897-3601 or e-mail her at mkhansenreibel@aol.com. -or- contact Carolyn or Reg Williams at 815-792-8401 (e-mail carregwms58@earthlink.net).

Every Whizzer owner should subscribe because the newsletter still contains my "Quenton's Corner" section that covers detailed information on the New edition Whizzers as well as articles on vintage Whizzers by some of the nations leading experts.

The newsletter also has a "2010 Calendar of Events" informing us where the next show, ride, events, and "get together" take place. Each edition contains pictures, articles, comments, and just great information on Whizzers.

Have fun,

Back