Whizzer piston rings

Discussion in 'Whizzer Motorized Bicycles' started by Traveler, May 15, 2009.

1. Traveler

Traveler Member

What size piston rings does the H series engine use? Thanks for any information.

2. Quenton Guenther

Quenton Guenther Motored Bikes Sponsor

Bore & stroke is 2.250" X 2.125".

I think I have lots in stock , but sure others do as well
    Have fun,

3. Traveler

Traveler Member

Piston ring sizes

On Memory Lane Classics web site, they show sizes of Piston Rings .010, .020, .030, .050, .060 or Standard. Which of these would be for the H engine?

I would be glad to buy them from you as well, but I figured it wouldn't be worth your while for such a small order. I am going to be driving by Memory Lane Classics in a week.

4. Quenton Guenther

Hi Traveler,

You need to find out the size of your bore. The best way is with a cylinder bore gauge. If you have the piston it should be marked on the top. I.E. .020 = .020" oversize. If the piston isn't marked it would be standard. If it has a letter i.e. "C" it means the piston is a tiny bit larger than stock [a, b, c, d, etc]. The vintage Whizzer also had a .005" over size piston. Unlike todays Wizzer motor the vintage motors were actually bored to the piston.

Tell Harvey I said hi when you stop by.
    Have fun,

5. Traveler

Traveler Member

Thanks

Thanks Quenton. I'll tell Harvey if I see him.

6. Traveler

Traveler Member

Memory Lane Classics

Quenton,

I stopped by Memory Lane Classics today. Harvey wasn't there, but Larry helped me out and tallied up the bill. I have enought parts now to hopefully get the bike running. I can't remember the other guys name. He got the parts for me from stock. It was a lot of fun looking around at the old bikes.

7. Quenton Guenther

Hi Traveler,

It is really a joy to go shopping at Memory Lane, I know because I have been there and done that. Both Larry & Harv are the best! They also set up a major booth at Portland, IN every year and is a tradition for my first shopping spree to start there.

have fun

8. Traveler

Traveler Member

Larry did like how I had an Excel printout of the parts I wanted, complete with part numbers, description, and price for each part. I captured the data from their web site.

Too bad I won't be able to ride the bike in Ohio because of their 50cc limit.

Last edited: May 23, 2009