Whizzer Project

Discussion in 'Antique Motorized Bicycles' started by rjs5700, Mar 29, 2009.

1. rjs5700

rjs5700 Member

I just finished this one with the exception of the air cleaner and I forgot to put the points cover on before taking the pics. It's a 1946 Schwinn with a Whizzer H motor.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009

2. ren

ren Guest

Wow!! That's an amazing job! Very clean and beautiful color combo. Where did you find that seat you have on it? Again, nice job.

3. rjs5700

rjs5700 Member

Thanks Randy. The seat is an 80's era Persons that I recovered. They were used on a lot of adult trikes.
  4. RdKryton

RdKryton Active Member

John that Whizzer is beautiful. You do very very nice work. Do you do this as a hobby or profession? You are very talented.

5. rjs5700

rjs5700 Member

Thanks Jim. It has been my hobby (one that pays for itself) for over 25 years. I don't keep any of the bikes or Whizzers, I just enjoy building them.
  6. ren

ren Guest

Did a search with no luck.

7. mabman

mabman Member

Your 25 years of experience shows in the quality of the overall build. Should sell well to some retired farmer that was a JD fan!
  8. rjs5700

rjs5700 Member

REN....as far as I know Persons is not in business any longer. I think their factory burned down sometime in the 1980's. The best source for the older seats is probably Ebay.
  9. ren

ren Guest

Thanks John, I'll do some more looking.