Whizzer Stretch ---- ed

Monark Super Twin

Here is a Monark Super Twin. This one was taken during restoration from John Stansbury. They are usually Green with White or Black with Orange. This one was cool in the Yellow and White.

Enjoy Roy

Attachments

• yellst1.JPG
    yellst1.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 418
Frame taking shape

I got the frame back from powder coat.

IMG_1103.jpg

IMG_1104.jpg

IMG_1105.jpg

IMG_1106.jpg

IMG_1107.jpg Jack shaft parts

IMG_1108.jpg Bottom bracket adapters

IMG_1109.jpg

IMG_1110.jpg

IMG_1111.jpg Sprockets installed

IMG_1112.jpg I neglected to design this so that the belt could be changed easily, so I had to cut off the outside support for the drive pulley. RATS!! There are still 3 sealed bearings for support & it rolls real nicely. Should be OK if I route the outer support over the top of the pulley so that it doesn't have to come apart to change the belt. Wished I had thought of this before powder. Hate to weld on fresh paint, but this pulley needs outside support. These bearings get messed up when you take the axle apart. Press on so tight - You have to almost break them to get them off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sprocket Mod

Hey Van Thanks. Check out the outside chain drive sprocket. I ground this one to work with Bicycle chain like we talked about. It originally was a motorcycle chain sprocket.

i really cant wait to see what this thing is going to look like - quite a creative setup!

Belt tension

After 5 trips to Kraken Auto I GOT IT. Finally got the tension RIGHT. This set up is beginning to look like something. I was able to double up the bearings on the pulley side so I don't think I will need an outside support. It has 4, and they are solid as rocks. I dinked around with it all day today. Rolls with no resistance at all. Some days are GOOOD!! Today was one of those.

IMG_1113.jpg

Cool. I love days like that :D. Though sometimes the bright side of a day is that I learned what not to do again :rolleyes:. About the sprocket. Yours looks good. I'm still a little nervous about the one I ground down. It seems like if I didn't get it quite thin enough, It could wear the chain (spreading the links), resulting in catastrophic failure. I'm thinking I'll pull mine off and grind it a little more just to get the peace of mind.

Back