Whizzer to Indiana update

"Fat Carb"

Hi Rif, do you think it will run on a 22Kiehien 24 Of some kind or a 26 Mikuni? I do have some carbs, Mike

Thanks guys, Mike I'm going off-line and I'll call ya'.
Bama, you rock, and i greatly appreciate the offer, but why don'tcha just have a beer with me in Indiana instead?
:D

At 1:30 A.M. I walked in the house after having taken her out on the first ride!
I rode (gently) 2.5 miles round trip, around the block.
There is a lot of adjusting, re tightening, and re-fitting left to do, but darn it, I don't feel so bummed and it looks like I'm going to be off to Portland, Indiana on Tuesday!!!
She's running mediocre yet- the belts are loose and slipping, but there's definately power and speed to be had there. I believe her to be a real fireball.
Basically what I did was to put the thing away for a day, do stuff that was related to the trip, but not the bike, and then went back at midnight tonight, and started over. I reset everything to the begining, and started the process fresh:
First, check for spark- good.
Check the plug gap- good.
Re-check the float level- done.
Re-set the needle- done.
Re-set the mixture screw- done.
Re-set the idle screw- done.
Pedal like mad- "Pop, Pop, pop".
Slight adjustment, pedal- "Pop, sputter, blap, blat, blap, Pop"
Slight adjustment, pedal- "Vrooom, sputter, vroom...."
Adjust from there...
Test ride...
pour coffee, smile, and relax...
and hope that tomorrow will yield a similar result. My worry is having unreliable starting and such but we shall see, yet still I find that I am cautiously optimistic.
And once again all, thanks for the help and everything. My appreciation and gratitude are beyond words...
Mike, I'll call ya' sometime tomorrow/today...

I knew you would get her going again!

Now, just don't get any speeding tickets on your way over here! :devilish:

srdavo said:
Rif is no quitter!!! 8)
That's right. still grindin' away in the small hours...
uncle_punk13 said:
At 1:30 A.M. I walked in the house after having taken her out on the first ride!
Good for you!, Rif. AND you've got a few days time left to do the fine-tuning. 8) 8)
Happy :mrgreen:

Yuppers.
And by the way, I agree with your list of worst bands, I would include Green day...
Sure ain't no Ramones, Stooges, Flag, or Distortion!
heheheh...

I'm breaking in that 33 cc Tanaka, took it for a 70 miles round trip, am SORELY tempted to use it to do the Indiana junket, hills are NOT going to be a problem with that little bugger when it gets another 50-100 miles on the cylinder walls....

Guess I better put new rubber on Rocinante however. Unlike you Rif, I am the absolute "last minute preparer".

Oh, and Smashing Pumpkins is/was a buncha jerks.

All these Coloradans on board, if you see those Leftover Salmon boys, tell them I said HI, mention Ziggy's in Winston Salem as the reference.

bamabikeguy said:
Unlike you Rif, I am the absolute "last minute preparer".

Yeah, 'cause i'm all prepared and ready to go; just kickin' back until tueday...:LOL:
last night I took the 1920's rear rack and basket assy. off the bike. It was really too heavy to be able to pedal start with out an incline. Dang, that old strap iron riveted rack was about 20 pounds! I put on one of those little vintage aluminum Pleischer units off one of my old Schwinn middleweights instead. That darn rear stand weighs a ton too, but I need that :eek:
Unfortunately there's not much else I can do to lighten 'er up anymore, so now it's a matter of training and trial by fire- get out there and work it until my legs get the strength in 'em to do the deal!
Just like last time...
well gotta go ride, test it out, adjust some more, and ride some more, trying to get past that first 50 mile mark before tuesday, without being too hard on her...
The 'Fireball 5' is about ready to rock & roll!
See ya' soon 'Bama

alright, rif!! glad to hear you're good to go...now that you're in a better mood, i'll say again:

you know i'd absolutely love to ride with you, and i will be there in spirit...you look out for yourself out there, have fun, and do try to keep us up to date :) 8)

Back