Whizzer WC1

chaiser

Local time
10:25 AM
Greetings from Fresno, Ca. My name is Chet. Just today I brought home a WC1 that's owned by my friend a hundred miles away who had a big bad stroke about a year ago and now has no usable left side. He had just purchased the WC1 on E-bay and then got ill and it hadn't been moved for the year. My question to all the Whizzer Gurus is - what was the original kick stand, or side stand or rear wheel lift stand for this model. It has none of any of the above. I got it running this evening and will finish cleaning it up tomorrow. I'll need to make something, or buy something if it's available. I prefer the rear wheel lift type that mine had a couple hundred years ago. Brings back old memories. I had a Whizzer mounted in a real Whizzer frame back in the late 40s and early 50s and went to high school on it and enjoyed it immensely. My friend next door had a Marmon Twin at the time also. The " Twin" could outrun my Whizzer after he'd finally get it started, but by that time I was nearly at school already. Any clues as to what might be done to get this one to get out of it's own way? It probably wouldn't be legal here in Swartzenegger country anyhow, right ?
I'd appreciate any help with my kick stand problem.
Thanks Much

Thank You Much, Rustico Ray !

I just called the Memory Lane people and they don't service these later models, just the old " real " ones. So it looks like I'm gonna have to make something of some sort. It sure is a lot of fun again to putt around the neighborhood on a Whizzer. It's been about 60 years since the last time I rode one.

thanks a bunch. I've written Dave as you've suggested and I hope he can keep me from having to re-invent the wheel and make something.

Back