Whizzzer 12 Me 00

moubee

Local time
5:20 PM
The Whizzer....There outta be a law against them. I have put <400 miles on this thing and it has traveled probably 600. How is this Justin? Well it has been driven home in the back of a pickup or pushed (If you buy a whizzer makes sure you have a pickup or good shoes) more than it has come home under it's own power. Every ride is a tinkering, soon the tool bag will weigh more than the motor. The bike stands testament to the ingenuity of Okie improvisation but the day has come. I. am. done.

Oh great wizards, I reach out to the. I have had my hands on my Whizzer more than my little lady these days. What motor can I stick in this frame and call it good with minimal tinkering? Has anyone done this? I know the frame is a POS BUT I have it tagged here in OK and I would like to ride this sucker a bit more.

Your humble servant....

-J

I would place this motor for sale but I would be ashamed to do that to any human.

send it to Quenton... trust me, he has the pill for what ails ya.

He's a stand up guy... great communication, and KNOWS his whizzers.

if anybody can get your engine running the way you want... it is him. He lurks around here so you might be able to get a PM out to him if his box isnt full.

We need some details please. I am a very happy Whizzer owner but it did not come without some work. What year is your Whizzer? That will determine how much it will cost to make it right. They can be made to run great and reliably but unfortunately the mfg took many shortcuts and it has caused many problems. give me vtec is correct. Quenton can make it right. Ask anyone that has ridden mine. I am always asked if I want to sell it. . Please provide us with some details so we can get the ball rolling on getting your Whizzer running the way you want it to. The year and symptoms that you are experiencing will help us make suggestions that will make it right.

Jim

Last edited:
Send Fred yout Motor for O.H.conversion.

Hi,

Your Whizzer motor has a roller crank and cam, Fred puts his top end on it.

There was an article about a gentleman from Chicago, that travel from Chicago to Los Angeles on a new Whizzer with Freds over head valve conversion,very dependable.I think his name was Terry.

I have one, the Hottest the Motor got was 220 degrees last summer when the air temp. was 100 degrees. It is a mini-motorcycle.

I think Terry lace his Whizzer rims with moped brakes, so it will stop.

Tom

This right here....

Wow ya'll are quick, and quite a help. I have a 2006 NE. I took out the baffles to gain some hp. Then It started lagging in the power department I assumed from the change in air/fuel requirements, so I took the carb apart and made a few adjustments yet this carb did have have the adjustment potential to add enough air or fuel so I swapped her for a new one off of a cart. It ran like a dream (though puking oil like an overindulging Senior at prom night). Then it got picky, it could not seem to get enough air or fuel. Now I can start it and give it gas, however it will not move, a wee bit of forward motion, that is all. I was in Okemah (90 miles from home) when this occurred so I put her in my storage building. Thus I lay my problem at your sandaled feet.

nope... the valve seats separate at hot temps. It is a defect in the metallurgy.

That was a problem on the WC-1 motors but was corrected in the NE5 motor. You probably have the wrong main jet. (very common) An unmodified NE5 should run an 82 or 84 high speed jet. Put the baffle back in. The motor likes a little back pressure. If you get a chance, take the side plate off and check the lifters for any sign of mushrooming. I strongly recommend replacing them with aftermarket mushroom lifters. The stock one are too soft and will start to shed small pieces of metal into the engine oil. This will destroy your bearings in time. This thread has many links to some very good info about the Whizzer engine. http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=16602
The blowing of oil is easily fixed with a few parts from Home Depot. It is a good idea to take about .070 of the head. This will do several good things. First the compression will increase some. That makes it idle better and gives it more power across the board. Also this will take any warps out of the head for a better seal and only use a copper head gasket. It is reusable and seals well. Some of the threads in the link I posted will explain in detail the recommendations I have outlined. Hope this info helps you. I just love my Whizzer but it took work to get it running the way it does now. Think warm. I wanna ride.

Jim

Last edited:
Back