Who does this remind you of?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by arceeguy, Oct 17, 2009.

1. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

Like Dave, I am letting regular forum stuff leak into the CC.

When I first saw this thread.....

.....and I watched the videos, I laughed my @ss off. But after a little while, I thought to myself that SimpleSimon sounds exactly like the lab coat guys in these videos!

Nothing personal against you Simon, but the way you craft your posts reminds me of those videos for some reason.................

Whaddya think guys?

2. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

Hahahaha! I hadn't seen that video. Fabulous stuff!

Unfortunately for your own abysmal failures of comprehension, the words I use to convey my meanings are quite specific and well known words - to those with a vocabulary over about 1,200 words.
  3. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

Don't get too sensitive there big guy, just thought that a lot of people here may have the same perception of you based on the way you unleash your massive vocabulary of "specific and well known words" on the quivering masses of jellyfish that you think we are.

4. SimpleSimon

Actually, arcee, I rather suspect ythat a good many of you know and use or have used terms I am unfamiliar with. Most professions and trades have terminology they regularly utilize which would be largely unintelligible to me without analyzing context and/or looking things up.

Sensitive about this issue I am not - as I indicated, I laughed heartily at that video. As for thinking anyone here is a jellyfish, I'd have to disagree. Some do resemble hag fish, though - you know, the slimy eel-like ones that can tie themselves in a knot.
  5. Turtle Tedd

Turtle Tedd Member

Simple Simon..I believe you and Duvendyk have the same collection of various dictionary and thesaurus publications
  6. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

I wouldn't go that far!! I can tell when Simon's sentences begin & end. & Simon's posts are interesting !!

7. Turtle Tedd

Turtle Tedd Member

Srvado ...No ill will on my part intended..actually I would hate to play Scrabble with neither one of them
  8. SimpleSimon

I don't own either, actually. If I need a dictionary I just go online. Haven't used a thesaurus since about 1975.

As I said in the "Dangerous Addictions" thread, my main addiction is the printed word. I read near constantly, from a very wide range of materials, and while I don't have a "photographic memory", I have excellent recall.
  9. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

hahaha... yeah, that would be a rough game!!!
  10. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

turbo encabulater?is that the new ezm setup?
  11. machiasmort

machiasmort Active Member

After watching the film, I just want to say thanks to the poster of it!

It's nice to know that the Engineer's from the GM plant, where I worked, went on to find work elsewhere! The use of wording in the film reminded me of when they would try to troubleshoot one of the 5 CNC lathes I was running. Their vocabulary would always be above the understanding of the opperator and mannagment, usually even harder to understand before you'd see the Service rep. for the Company that built them.

The ja-mokes refused to PM them. My partner and I had one go up in flames... Evacuated 1/2 the Plant! All because they refused to turn a machine off and fix the drive bearing!
  12. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

No, because unlke the EZM, they freely show you the insides of the turbo encabulator.

(To all the EZM dealers - I keeed, I keeed!)
  13. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

just want to make sure you know that video is a complete joke.when i first started watching it i thought,man im dont know as much as i thought i did.then i slowly caught on it was all a joke.
    lol.glad someone got it!
  14. machiasmort

machiasmort Active Member

Two lathes went down one day, engineering hadn't a clue and we were having a little spat over the last time they broke...

These idiots were constantly turnning up the feed and speeds. I wouldn't mind except for the fact that the same idiot doing this almost killed a co-worker when the machine he was running broke free of it's concrete mounts.

Any machinest will tell you, feed and spindle speed are crucial in determining surface fininsh!

This engineer blamed the broken machines on me, saying I was running them improperly and putting too much preasure on the flexible clutch relay switch, causing the clutch to burn... He was the only one burnning when I stopped working, got the Plant mannager and asked him to point out the part he was talking about. It was a made up name for a made up part! I knew all along it was in the programming and let them pay to fly the Lathe Rep. into town.
  15. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

I thought so, I didn't think it sounded right either... I know a good deal about cars but thought that this was either a relic from automobiles past that I wasn't aware of, a joke, or something that chrysler never actually released because it was too complicated and wouldn't work in the real world (like a concept or something). Couldn't figure out how a turbo would fit into a transmission????

Good to know Im not an idiot after all.
  16. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

It looks like a transfer case next to some crazy guy with Alzheimer's that snuck through the back door in lab coat, rambling to himself in about words he is just making up as he goes, all while being dead serious about what he is saying. Like some crazy old auto engineer that didn't take his meds.

"moreover when a fluorescent score motion is required, it may also be employed in conjunction with a dron reciprocation dingle-arm to reduce sinusoidal depleneration. Thank you."

That is f u c k i n g priceless. I swear that is what I am going to say next time my mother in lawe asks me "what is that noise coming from my engine?"
  17. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

did he just say amberfishint looner wayne shaft?hyrdocoptic marzel veins?O now im with you!:whistling: