Who has the fastest top speed?

the average speed of the peleton on the flats is 26 mph during the tour de france, downhill breakaways reach exesses of 3o mph, track bikes in velos regularly exceed 35, no motors involved, oh yeah and fixies...no brakes involved

Kerf, I guess you and Steve and me , we r all crazy! Some a little more crazy!!! Like me my new speed is 55.3 mph.

I've slowed down in my old age. My new muffler is quiet but limits me to 40, big deal generally don't run over anyway. Sound of the wind is good.

40 mph on a bike aint no joke, when i first got mine, i had a 50t sprocket and was lucky to go 25, now i can hit 40, these 55 mph stories have me jealous

What kind of hp are your motors pushing? With perfect gearing, you'd need a motor capable of producing 6 hp continuous for at least 30seconds to reach 55mph on a pure flat road.

Maybe you guys are hitting these high speeds are on false flat downhills or such?

Last edited:
A pic of the speedy goose.

Attachments

• 08-06-08_1650.jpg
    08-06-08_1650.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 1,426
  • 07-19-08_1851.jpg
    07-19-08_1851.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 1,297
Kawa, with the way your engine is bolted on to two separate independently moving portions of the rear swing arm aren't you worried about metal flex and fatigue especially in the front engine mount? I sure hope you have a handlebar mounted kill switch in case of the notorious gebe front mount failure...
I was checking out the blackcomb before as well as several other multi-linked rear suspension bikes but decided against them due to the fact that the area near the dropouts and near the brakes move independently of one another. Check it out and let me know if it's all moving as one unit or what. I'd like to know because more of the high end dual suspension bikes use this type of setup. Thanks.

It all moves as one not a problem, take note of notch on bracket, its against the bolt for the brake, its extra safety even if the front brace broke it cant go backwards.

Attachments

• 07-19-08_1848.jpg
    07-19-08_1848.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 1,052
Thanks for the info it'll really help me when deciding on my next MB platform. By the looks of them the multi link swing arms pieces must move independently of one another but I've never had the chance to actually mark stuff up and see if this is true. I was leaning more toward the mongoose DH Team from walmart.com as it seems like it incorporates primo components. I like your tires and stand too. Nice build. Makes me wanna ride it :)

Back