Tires Who makes a Kevlar cruiser tire in white-wall?

Discussion in 'Bicycle Repair' started by Cavi Mike, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Cavi Mike

Cavi Mike Member

I'm looking for some good puncture resistance since I've gotten 2 flats in less than 2 weeks by running over glass I didn't see in time. One road I take to work is littered with broken beer-bottles people toss out their windows. Quite nerve-racking. I don't hear very good reviews on those Slime/etc. tubes so I'll keep from wasting my money and time on those.

*edit* in a white-wall, I'm sorry I forgot to add that to the title

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010

2. Turtle Tedd

Turtle Tedd Member

Take a look at Schwalbe tires..they have a kevlar band or base and come with a thin refective whitewall.

3. Cavi Mike

Cavi Mike Member

Their site is terribly confusing. What does "reflex" sidewall mean? Is that their hipster term for 'reflective?'

4. Cavi Mike

Cavi Mike Member

The only cruiser tire they had that was whitewall, take a wild guess, no Kevlar. Of course their black cruiser tire was. How dumb. I gave up and bought some Mr Tuffy liners.

5. tskrem

tskrem Member

Big W do. i just bought 1. its actually a bmx tyre, 26" and kavlar. it was also whitewall. i like it. and it was only AUS $20.00

6. Cavi Mike

Cavi Mike Member

I can't even find them on google. I also don't understand what you mean by "it's a bmx tire" because BMX tires are 20"

7. tskrem

tskrem Member

sorry, the style of the tread is called bmx tyre... pretty much is a bmx tyre but available in 26"