Who's got a horn?

a/c man

Local time
12:20 PM
New Maryland law for mopeds (as we are classified) requires :
"Mopeds must have appropriate headlights and rear reflectors, must have brakes and be equipped with a bell or other warning device capable of being heard from a distance of at least 100"
Anybody out there got a horn on your ride?
I don't want to put one on, but I do consider myself a "stay out of trouble" kind of guy.
This one fits the criteria but who wants this ugly contraption rigged to their bike?
http://www.amazon.com/Delta-Airzound-Bike-Horn/dp/B000ACAMJC
Please give me some practical ideas guys..
Tim

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
There was talk about that very horn this week. As a saftey devise- that looks great as long as it is pointed away from you, I guess it sounds like a semi horn- really wakes up encroaching car drivers. Cool idea, but maybe need another quieter one for ordinary use.
I have an old time bulb horn that sounds like a goose honking for kids playing in the road.

I've got a horn on my bike that runs on a 9volt battery. Very loud and was easy to install. Also a horn button that attaches to the handlebars. I found it on the Web and before you purchase it, they will let you hear what it sounds like on your computer. It sounded great and I purchased it. It was about $40.00 If you look at my albumn, you make see it on my bike. Very nice horn

Back