Who's Got A Quick(Not Fast) Bike?

BTW, which engine do you have that allows you to do wheelies and travel 80km/hr(50mph)?

Ah that would be a KX 125 motor strapped to a bike lol.

I meant when I HAD my 44T I could do wheelies if I rode at 15 Km/h and either hit a small bump or pulled on the handle bar and gave it gas - I found this out accidentally once lol, I was flying through the bush on some trail and hit a bump which caused me to hit the gas. As a result the bike was about to tip back over on me lol but I saved it with the rear brake.

My engine is a so called "80cc" HT that's had extensive mods done. Lately Ive actually re machined the combustion chamber to give me a slight squish band and to raise the compression to a calculated 7.8 :1. Also my homemade boost bottle have me a 7.5Km/h increase in top speed (I'm surprised it helped this much). Other future upgrades, perhaps when "santa" comes will be a new exhaust and carb.

I doubt Ill be getting the acclaimed 4k Miles on a HT, maybe 2000Km then it'll krap out on me. I don't think they last long with 8:1 - I dont know, Ill just have to find out lol.

Speaking of which, I so want to stick a 80cc 2T Dirt bike engine on a mountain bike! Power and a gear box in one small package. I might have to take a trip to the wreckers :devilish:

Rode a friend's kid's honda CR85 2stroke over the weekend.. man, when u hit the power band even in 3rd, that front wheel lifts off the ground even with my 250 pounds on it! should be **** on wheels on a mountain bike.

I agree.

Good idea, since some bikes don't have pedals.

You could also have runs with pedal-assist and runs without pedal-assist.

Pedal assist makes a huge difference. If I pedal hard when accelerating the engine, I can leave most cars on a takeoff from a redlight.

IMO gearing matters even more than HP for takeoff.

With, engine only, it takes me a short while to get to 30mph. My gearing is high, so engine by itself isn't that quick on a start, but once I get to 20mph, it pulls REAL hard up to 35-40. For that reason, I pedal a LOT at lower speeds, and save the engine for anything over 15 mph. I'm quick in the middle speeds, and FAST at high speeds.

A 6.5HP trike I built for a friend, only topped 30-35mph, but with the lower gears, it would take my bike on acceleration EVERY time.

I'm pretty sure many of you smaller engine guys could easily beat me on a standstill with your lower gears and higher RPM.

Last edited:
My GEBE 32cc Tanaka

Is Slow on take off (without peddling) Has real good midrange powerband but after I get to 28MPH it takes about 15 more seconds to max out at 32MPH.
And thats with the stock Gear. I was thinking about buying the other 2 Gears and experimenting with it to find the best Ratio for my riding style. But I think there really is very little diferance maybe a MPH or 2 in top end, and better take off with the trail gear.

Speaking of which, I so want to stick a 80cc 2T Dirt bike engine on a mountain bike! Power and a gear box in one small package. I might have to take a trip to the wreckers :devilish:
Yamaha GT 80 and no its not mine, some guy in NJ was going to send me more/better pics but never did

Attachments

• yamaha 80gt motor.jpg
    yamaha 80gt motor.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 327
That would be so cool! Pity there's no more pics.

It would be kind of weird being pulled over on that. I guess you could argue its just a mountain bike with an engine - but then there's the power/speed limits.

DIY,

Where you at boy??? I'm in Ny. I gotz an 80 also that I upped the compression on. Pulls like the devil. I took the lower gasket (tween head and block) out. Figure I'm even over 8 to 1, probably more like 10 : 1.

Either way, put higher octane gas in it and you'll notice a huge difference! Try it nomatter what others say or you read. If you've really upped the comp. you'll notice the difference. My bike reminds me 13mph-23mph like the rm80's when I was a kid!
I blew past a brand new moped this summer!!!

Back