Who's got the most expensive MB?

that would be a good thread to start

In all fairness, what's the least spent, on a functioning motored bike?
(I may have a winner) :whistle:
Maybe that's a whole 'nother thread.....?

hey srdavo -- that would be a good thread to start
I have seen some super cool home school back yard made motor bikes
money spent was next to nothing
they remind me of my grandfather
that guy could rebuild and repair and build most THINGS for next to noTHING

as we ride those motor bike THINGS

Yeah agreed, a least expensive MB thread would have more snap.

There's no limit. I know roadie bicyclists that put $5K into custom carbon.
As well I've known mountain bikers to pay up to $7K for a bike by the time it was finished. These are bicycles I'm talking, though these both these cases were people who race.

I told myself when I got into MBs it's gotta be on the inexpensive side, I didn't need another expensive hobby. I still feel that way.

Meanwhile, I saw a really clean '93 Honda 650 CRB with under 10K miles the other day that I know could be had for under a grand.

hey mountainman..... look for Murray daSaw... http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=4770

hey Dave -- what fun that was over there on that thread
nice shop and good friends and many bikes and motor things

I got to daydreamming over there
you guys will put just about any kind of engine on most anyTHING

thinking that you guys have built many MB's under a hundred dollars
that is someTHING to be proud about

please don't get me wrong -- not to bash this thread
where is the picture of that over 10 thousand dollar motor bike ?

ride all kinds of THINGS

Who cares, its not about how much you spend but how much fun you have. I'm sure if one a vendor rebranded a HT engine with a Mercedes benz logo and charged 3x for it, folks would buy it just to show off how much they spent.

Obviously it's about having fun. I know it's not a competiton to see who can build the most expensive MB. I was just curious if other people get the bug like I did and start spending like crazy.

Do you have a link to look at "The Kind"? I tried googling it but nothing came up. I'd be curious to see what they look like.

sure would not be Mountainman and proud of it

bicycle motor and all only cost me around 750 dollars
for what I believe to be a sound set up -- not a bad price
as we have seen around here (on site) in many cases you truly do get what you pay for.

I don't know where the link is
think that HoughMade posted it somewhere
the brand new motor bike (THE KIND) being built today for around 10 - 12 thousand each
now that's the most expensive, beautiful motor bike THING I have seen
I am sure that someone will dig up that site -- picture

back when I was a very small little mountain boy
any little motor of any kind that would push or pull me along on anyTHING was GREAT.....

it's not about the money as we ride those motor bike THINGS

I bought my kit for 180$ on ebay, and my bike for 8$ at goodwill. For 188 dollars, it has made it 4,000+ miles on the same bike, the only thing that has changed was a back wheel add 10$ for that. My grand total is 198 dollars.
Simplicity is key! More fancy things on a fancy bike, more things to go wrong.

I built a trailer, because at the time it was cheaper than putting a kit on a bike, and had more HP for the money.

Least expensive is a hard one, especially with the rapidly changing motorized bike market. Now you can get a complete bike engine kit for what it costs just for my engine alone.

I built my trailer for ~$350 to start, and about $450 total invested in upgrades over time. Only $350 got me riding to start with an old bicycle, but as the bike & trailer broke & wore out, I had to spend more to keep riding reliably.

Spent 130.00 for new bicycle, and upgrades, plus $120 in wheel upgrade.
$100 invested in electrical system.

$450 trailer
$250 bicycle
$100 electrics

Last edited:
I bought my kit for 180$ on ebay, and my bike for 8$ at goodwill. For 188 dollars, it has made it 4,000+ miles on the same bike, the only thing that has changed was a back wheel add 10$ for that. My grand total is 198 dollars.
Simplicity is key! More fancy things on a fancy bike, more things to go wrong.

Impressive!!!

Gotta start looking to goodwill and pawn shops for cheap bikes and parts! A $10 wheel!!! Wow!

Back