Why Are Motorcyclists Such A Happy Bunch?

Randy David

Local time
12:36 PM
why-are-motorcyclists-such-a-Happy-bunch-maximomoto.jpg

It may sound like a cliché or even romanticizing an otherwise regular activity but several surveys have shown that motorcyclists are a happy bunch.For instance, a survey conducted by ICM on behalf of BBC Gardeners’ World Magazine concluded that motorcycling as a hobby made people the happiest.And a gender-centric survey on the confidence levels of women showed that women who have a motorcycle in their lives are much happier.
So what makes motorcyclists a happy bunch, let’s find out!

Decoding Happiness

Happiness doesn’t happen without a reason - there’s got to be something that makes motorcycle riders a happy lot. The reasons, however, are different for each motorcycle rider – for some it’s their ride, the partner they ride with, the freedom, the landscape, you name it. For others, it’s the following.
Calling Timeout - Being on a bike allows you to cut yourself off from the digital world. There is no texting, phone calls or e mails when you’re on the road. You get the opportunity to experience nature first hand where you have front row seats to the greatest show on earth. Most riders prefer to ride without music, for them the sound of their bike is as soothing as Mozart.
Experiencing Nature - In a car, you experience nature through a lens – windshield and window. However, on a bike, it’s a different ball game altogether. The nature and landscape encompasses you and you start noticing the fine details – the different shades of the rolling hills in autumn and how the temperature changes as soon as you get some cloud cover. Magic happens when you leave your comfort zone, you can only experience nature when you ditch the car and get on a bike.
Believe In Your Self – A Harley Davidson study concluded that women who ride are twice as likely to feel confident as compared to those who don’t. They are also twice as likely to feel “extremely satisfied’ with their appearance. Being confident and satisfied are some of the common traits found in women who ride.
Therapeutic value – Some go for a run, whereas others meditate, life can get tough if you don’t take a break. From Breakups to petty arguments with loved ones, riding a bike can help you clear your mind. Everyone deserves a break. Some do it by having a smoke, while others get on their bikes and ride. Many riders consider their bikes and the open road to be the best therapist ever.

Complete Article: https://www.maximomoto.com/blog/why-are-motorcyclists-such-a-Happy-bunch/

The things mentioned all seem pretty compelling.

And one of them touched on my reason for thinking that motorcyclists and folks like us are happier. Driving a car just ain't no fun anymore. Everywhere you go, it's a matter of getting in line with a bunch of other cars and waiting your turn. Over and over again.

Us motorized bicyclists can avoid most of those 'wait in line' scenarios. Motorcyclists have less wiggle room there. But at least they are out in the air and they're experiencing the world around them more than they would in a car.

The automobile could still be fun, though less healthy, if there weren't too many of them trying to fit onto too little road space. But that's just the situation today. And driving is not fun anymore.

iunno...cut us off and we will scream, rant and contemplate murder!

same goes for the fools that see you coming up behind them, and purposely move closer to the lane line/curb to try and stop you squeezing past!

they banned motorized pushies here, but they made lane splitting/threading legal? i just dont get it!
its still really hard to bring oneself to do it, when there is a cop on a moto riding behind you...

who wants to sit in a box, watching the tail lights of the three hundred boxes in front at each set of lights?

I am a lifelong motorcyclist. I totally agree with this part.
"Calling Timeout - Being on a bike allows you to cut yourself off from the digital world. There is no texting, phone calls or e mails when you’re on the road. You get the opportunity to experience nature first hand where you have front row seats to the greatest show on earth. Most riders prefer to ride without music, for them the sound of their bike is as soothing as Mozart"

Riding a bike is my way to get away from it all. No cell phone, no music, just me, the bike, and the road. But. Modern bikes still make it impossible to get away from the digital world. Computer controlled fuel injection, computer controlled ABS, digital ignition, and it's getting worse. I have 3 motorcycles and 2 scooters. None of them have any digital crap on them. One of the things that attracts me to motorized bicycles is how simple they are. A frame, wheels, and an engine.

Back