Why do you ride a motorized bicycle?

Mostly 'cause it's GREAT fun! I'd been looking at them for over a year when I saw one on craigslist and drove 1/2 an hour away to go look at it. I've only had it for about a month, and we keep getting these dang early-spring snowstorms--but, I think it's a great ride and know that it will pay for itself this summer with gas prices the way they are.

And yeah, we get some funny looks, but for the most part I think people are really fascinated by them. A couple of weeks ago I passed a guy on a Fatboy Harley who whipped around to chase me down and ask where I got it.

Good times, good times, and I'm so glad I bought one...:cool:

It's a gas efficient go-kart i can ride in the city. Enough said. WAY TO MUCH FUN.

I first motorized my bicycle because I've always loved cycling but the hills are killers around here. With a motor it gives me the freedom to cruise all around town really cheap all day if I want. These bikes let me take in the scenery of a beautiful day without having to be solely concentrated on pedaling. Because of them I've totally memorized all of the back roads and most of the trails around here whereas I couldn't or just wouldn't with my car or motorcycle.
Theres just nothing as priceless as the looks I get when I ride it either.

These bikes are fun to build, and fun to ride. They are also very practical and economical. You get to take in the scenery and enjoy the nice weather. I would love to have a nice Harley, but refuse to spend upwards of 10K on a motorcycle when you could buy a very nice car or truck with that kind of money. With these, you still get the wind in your face, and that same feeling of freedom. As you look thru the picture gallery you can see that almost every bike is different. In that way they allow you to express your own personality. As more folks get into this the technology evolves. They are just plain fun to ride!!

Im all about teaching, and learning. My grandsons are 6 and 7. When there parents say its OK we will be installing on their bikes. Then I will be able to teach them proper. I also have 2 grand daughters. The 10 year old is asking a lot of questions. She may be ready.

So fun in town!!

I live 36miles out of town! If I take the Truck the bike and the thrustpac are ALWAYS with me! Lots of errands and blowin' by all of the traffic to the front at every light(or better yet, cut through the parking lots and parks and bikepaths when I hit killswitch) then one "over the shoulder pull" and onto the street again. California cops have stopped me but only to take pictures for the kids!!

I want a rack and paniers to do larger errands...it wont look as cool but then I can really leave the truck home and save even bigger!!

You are all on the leading edge of the future move toward efficiency!! When energy is tight efficiency is KING!!

Congratulations to ALL of you for driving outside the BOX!!!!
THRUSTPACman

I *DO* ride it because I cant get a license and stupidily lost my license.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am also a serious mountain biker and cycle my push bike to college everyday and ride almost everywhere on it. The reason I love riding my motored bike is for the thrill, just for that huge grin you get on your face and it just wont go away! where I'm from the police would shoot me on site if i got caught! So I have to stay below the radar, I'm also a photographer so I often get up early for sunrise shots. And this is what gets me out of bed at 4.30am! knowing that I can ride with out fear of getting caught.

Not for commuting as that wouldnt be practical I just ride for the sheer fun of it!

Back