Why not have a motorcycle/moped/scooter thread

Discussion in 'Forum Help & Suggestions' started by plinko, Jul 17, 2010.

1. plinko

plinko Banned

I love my m.b. but,I am wondering why not start a motorcycle column or moped/scooter column being the m.b. goes back to the 1800's and Is a predecessor to the motorcycles and mopeds from ww1 till" today. Just a suggestion.

2. professor

professor Active Member

I just got a moped and was wondering the same thing. My bike just became a custom moped and is legal now.
    There is MopedArmy, but I didn't like their site. This is tons better.
    Think including them would clash with vendors? Or would it spread out the site too much? or is there no interest?

3. plinko

plinko Banned

Moped army site Is very unprofessional and rude.There should be no clash between m.b.'s motorcycles,and mopeds.After all the m.b. Is the predacessor to modern motorcycles and mopeds.

4. azbill

azbill Active Member

my guess would be that the site is called 'MOTORED BIKES',,,
    NOT motocycles, mopeds , and motoredbikes ;)

seems pretty obvious to me LOL

5. plinko

plinko Banned

Well bill,Just an Idea considering many of us m.b.er's own motorcycles also.I figured maybe a single spot dedicated to working on other 2 wheeled rides and repair tips would be nice.Sorry I brought this up and I will ask tom to delete this being you find It offensive.And here's a LOL for you also Bill.Have a nice weekend and be blessed. And you mispelled motocycles.It's motorcycles.Shuld bee ovbeious.:grin5:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
  6. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

not a good idea.

Nobody else understands us. Nobody wants to be us. Nobody wants to associate with us. If they did... they would be part of us already. There is a reason we all get along together so well... its like a long lost brotherhood.

Anybody remember the old blind melon song with the bee??? Remember how nobody understood her and even mocked her until she found all the other whacko bee people??? Thats us.... and this is the whacko bee place at the end. When somebody finds us its exactly like when the little girl opens the gate and smiles.

If is doesn't have pedals and wasn't originally designed and manufactured w/out an engine.... it doesn't belong here.

Sorry, just my $.02

7. plinko

plinko Banned

TOM!!!!! Please delete this thread.I see It will cause problems down the road and I am sorry I ever mentioned It.Won't ever happen again.I promise.

8. plinko

plinko Banned

You got a point vtec.Just figured I would ask.Sorry I mentioned It.You know I may decide to put a honda 250cc on a bike someday?

9. give me vtec

10. plinko

plinko Banned

Blind melon's singer died way too early.I am just like the bee girl:icon_cry:I am an outcast amongst motorcyclist and m.b.ers also:icon_cry:.Think I'll just find a cave and Hide In It from society and eat fungus and wild berries till" I die.This Is me :poop: In today's world:icon_cry:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
  11. give me vtec

you apologize too much.

if its on a pedal bicycle it belongs here.... personally i would love to see something like that.

12. give me vtec

i personally didnt like the song... especially back then. It has some nostalgic value now only because it was played to death and it reminds me of being a kid.

I just thought it was a good metaphor for us here collectively and individually.

Did you fast forwards the vid to 2:26??? Tell me that isnt EXACTLY how you felt when you found this place.

13. plinko

plinko Banned

It's exactly how I felt vtec.I liked It cuz I thought the singer was funny with all the shaking he did.I suspect he was feeling good.Real Good.

14. plinko

plinko Banned

I know I do vtec.I am just for some reason unknown to myself absolutely terrified of azbill:icon_cry:.I kid you not dude.Far as building the 250 cc bike I have to figure out the wheel to engine weight Issue of strength.I already got a frame Jig plan designed for the engine while retaining the pedals.Just gotta find a way to build the wheels to withstand 20 horses without caving In.And I am trying to keep the bike 80 to 100 lbs.With 7 speed gearing so It can be peddled albiet not efficiently.

15. give me vtec

ummm, 20hp???? Not a good idea unless you do major fab work to the bike. At that point it ceases to be a bike.

Dont hurt yourself.

16. plinko

plinko Banned

Lemme clarify this.I am doing a double wishbone frame and I am only building a replica of a ww1 motorcycle with lighter frame and sturdier tires with pedals.I am not starting on this until I get It right the first time.I know this Is no build for a beginner.I am basically building a cross between a moped and motorcycle of ww1 style.It'll be a few months before I even start on the frame.I am more worried about tire and rim Integrity than the frame Itself.And I may even cut the horses down to 10 to 15 and do a 125 cc engine being a 250 may have too much a weight and power Issue.Right now this Is only drawn up on cad paper and a computer design program.

17. give me vtec

should be cool... hope you the best.

18. plinko

plinko Banned

Thanks vtec.I have been doing cad drawings on It.If I can figure out theoretically Into real world application I will do It.Prob Is weight Issue with wheels capable of withstanding weight and h.p. of 10 to 20 h.p.. If I can't figure out how to do It right I will not do It at all or I'll just do a dax titan 4 stroke In frame engine on a bicycle frame with the design of the 1920's to 1030's army bike look like the m1903 or mp style bicycle.I'll do some pics and stuff once I decide on which to do.It'll be a few months though before I build anything.Having hard enough time getting my 250 marauder suzuki running right.

19. azbill

azbill Active Member

no need to delete or apologize :)
    I am well known for lack of spel chek LOL
    I was only trying to bring a little levity to the thread ;)

I type with 2 fingers and one eye, and sometimes what I joke about doesn't translate well ,,,I am sorry for the misunderstanding

remember,,,there are no stupid questions, but some answers seem that way !!!

20. Stan4d

Stan4d Banned

I find the original idea interesting in a way, but there must be a line drawn somewhere or we will be a site about everything, we do have fourms that cross over in a way. The heritage lane for example. I think there would be a better chance for a moped fourm only to disscuss the latest models, but like vtec said...no pedals and it probably would not belong.

Nothing to be afraid of. He might even be a good resource.