Why was ROBOT banned?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by troyg, Dec 9, 2014.

1. troyg

troyg Member

He seems a little dense, posted like crazy, but neither of those seem reasons to ban someone.

2. butre

butre Well-Known Member

His posts were just too incomprehensible I guess.
  3. HeadSmess

HeadSmess Well-Known Member

he did say nasty things about someones custom build, maybe, i guess, if you was really really pedantic about it...

otherwise, iunno...why worry? he didnt have much to actually say, it seemed?

do we really want a forum full of posts that appear to be complete gibberish?
  4. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Robot's ban is news to me.

Does anyone have inside info as to why he was banned?

I will agree with HeadSmess and butre, in that Robot seemed to have an endless array of problems that few other people experienced and his posts were a little incomprehensible at times, as they were on my 'youtube' video channel, but that in itself isn't worth a ban, or is it?
    Having said that, & prior to the Jaguar CDI, i had an endless set of problems with the connecting rod big end bearing and none of the failure problems with the small end bearing, which is (for the most part) opposite to what many other people have reported. On that basis, should i be banned?
  5. troyg

troyg Member

I'm with ya, but I've seen others have that "new car" excitement and post a bit much, and they eventually either calm down, or someone tells them to start reading and stop posting, in a kind manner.A big part of the populace (at least in the US) is "the common dim", people who you wouldn't have over to the house, full of simpleton questions about EVERYTHING, but you don't ban them from walmart.I'm the first person to think there should be laws against stupidity, but I saw no reference to it in the forum rules.Again, no love lost (good riddance?), I don't even know the dude, but it seems strange.
  6. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Oh gosh, that description fits "me" perfectly :devilish:
  7. chained

chained New Member

the guy hijacked everyones build threads.

it got annoying to me, trying to keep up with the ops build and this guy comes in and makes 100 posts about nothing.

just my pov
  8. KCvale

KCvale Motorized Bicycle Vendor

I complained when he highjacked my 'post your build pics' topic here.

He posted 2 long completely unfounded slamming comment posts, then included more pics of his laundry room POS build in MY build topic.
    They were removed by staff and apparently Robot was banned from posting because he simply has no social, forum, or even typing skills but posted all day as a reply to whatever was a new post regardless of if it was related or not.

Anyway, you can blame me Robot, or blame yourself, or cast no blame at all and understand there is a certain decorum in posting in Forums and you just didn't get that.

Austa la bye-bye and best of luck with your diamond encrusted rims and aluminum pad project Robot, really.
  9. MotorBicycleRacing

MotorBicycleRacing Well-Known Member

Banning guys like Robot is good moderation.
    Thank You.
    The dude had issues.......
  10. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

I had to delete ROBOT's posts on my 'youtube' chanel, because they were either nonsensical or factually incorrect.
  11. KCvale

KCvale Motorized Bicycle Vendor

Exactly. I'm sure he's a good guy and all and it's not like his life is over, he simply didn't get the warnings I'm sure he got from staff and enough was enough is all.

That's the good thing about Robots, you can shut them off.
  12. troyg

troyg Member

Nuff said.I was just curious (don't want to get banned myself), the site was filled with his stuff, then "poof".Good moderating indeed, the lack of spell check and comma-less ramblings never let me get through one of his posts completely.Thanks again mods.
  13. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

I never saw any of Robot's posts.

But I also participate in another forum dedicated to pedal bicycling.

They'll ban people for being 'high maintenance". In many cases, we're talking about folks who mean no harm, aren't trolls, and aren't particularly rude. But they clutter up the forum with nonsense.

One might sympathize with the ones who weren't trying to be jerks. But it's still better to shuffle them out the door. It's a pity.
  14. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Folks running this site are pretty tolerant, I'm still here being proof. Never read 1 of Robot's complete posts because they reminded me of a liberals plan to reduce taxes speaking with a forked tongue. He must have done something egregious or he'd still be here. Hope he reinvents himself and believes in reincarnation for the soul.
  15. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

:iagree: and i am also proof that the folks on this site are sensibly tolerant.
  16. Gobisox

Gobisox Member

Great. Now I have and that old Styx song stuck in my head. Domo.
  17. HeadSmess

HeadSmess Well-Known Member

"and its digg-in away at my sanity..."

got dozens of friends and the fun never ends as long as im buuuuy-iiiing...

is it any wonder i got (clap clap) too much (clap clap) time...oh.

*changes record to ballroom blitz*

oooh! i was banned for a week for calling someone a gorilla! :)
  18. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

I remember in my early days around here (spring 2008), I saw other newbies who might have been something like the member who's being discussed here.

They'd come in just overflowing with excitement about MB'ing. They'd join in every single thread they could find. Being new, they didn't have much to offer. But that was okay. The enthusiasm was fun. Even though it was merely text on a page, I got the feeling that I could feel their vibe. I could almost sense them running around maniacally like a child who's been overstimulated.

Then they'd start a thread titled, "My kit came today!". And it was still fun. They were acting like kids at Christmas.

Most would have a bit of trouble with their builds. Didn't we all? But they'd get through that, usually, pretty cheerfully. Then the real trouble would start.

They'd ride it for a day or two before having some kind of breakdown or no-start situation. They'd start a thread asking for help. In a surprising number of cases, they'd handle the advice given rather poorly. Someone would say, "Try such-and-such..." and they'd answer, "I did" and then go rambling on about something only vaguely related to their issue. And you couldn't help the feeling that they didn't try what was advised because they didn't understand their problem or the advice given.

Their postings would become more and more like tantrums. Sometimes they'd cuss out people who were trying to help, and who knew what they were talking about. Other times they'd just spend some time wailing. Once again, I could almost 'see' and 'hear' them on the floor kicking and pounding their fists and crying, "WHEN WILL MY SUFFERING END??!!"

Then they'd disappear.

It was sad.

These days the newbies seem to be, on average, more level headed. They're often enthusiastic, it's true. But they're not so crazy about their highs and their lows it seems.

Reading the descriptions of our pal ROBOT, it sounds like he might have been an old-school newbie.
  19. keatonx

keatonx Member

I think his ban was more based on the completely made-up stuff he said: pure silver components, being a vocalist on all the Beatles albums, stuff like that. And not knowing that there is such thing as multiple, unrelated threads. It's not very fair to him but he'd just confuse everyone
  20. MotorBicycleRacing

MotorBicycleRacing Well-Known Member