Why wasn't this device around when i was learning

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Fabian, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

This device would have saved me countless crashes when learning how to wheelie my motorbike.
    It should be part of the requirements of getting your motorcycle licence.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015

2. HeadSmess

HeadSmess Well-Known Member

cus if god intended us to ride on one wheel, we would all have ryno's! or bruises :)

i cant wheelie for $#^% :jester:
  3. butre

butre Well-Known Member

I don't know why you'd want to wheelie anyway, you can have so much more fun flying through a corner pushing the limits of your tires and frame geometry. On the first test ride of my bike I flew through a corner so hard that with level pedals I was still scraping the ground
  4. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

I much prefer to wheelie because when it goes wrong at low speed the gravel rash is a lot less than when things go wrong flying through a corner pushing the limits of your tires and frame geometry, which in many cases, the outcome is death, or a visit to the hospital emergency ward after you have gone under the wheels of an SUV.
  5. butre

butre Well-Known Member

on public roads? you must be nuts. I keep the hoonery to the track

no (or minimal) road rash either, I wear proper motorcycle gear. wearing plain old bicycle gear is a much greater death wish than exceeding 12.42 mph could ever be
  6. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

No, never on public roads, just on selected parts of my driveway, and the concrete has the scrape marks to prove it, and the garage door still has the 1" ding in it; that can never be polished out, from the day i got a bit too enthusiastic and quickly realised that the front brake doesn't work when the front wheel is in the air.