Wide pedal crank kit & warnig

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by dougsr.874, Mar 10, 2015.

1. dougsr.874

dougsr.874 Active Member

I have a Schwinn one piece pedal crank bike...trying to convert to 3 piece wide pedal....I ordered what I thought I needed from Gasbike....turns out it was the wrong kit....did not include the outer pieces that goes into the crank hole so that you can screw the bearing cup holders into...went back to their site an ordered the more expensive kit that was SUPPOSED to include everything I needed....got it today and its the exact same thing I got on the first order except I paid $50. for the first kit and $60. for the second..... the picture on their site shows it as being what I need...SO THEY SENT WHAT I DIDN'T ORDER.....NOW THEY WILL NOT ANSWER THE PHONE NOR RESPOND TO LIVE CHAT OR EMAIL...SO I'M SCREWED OUT OF $110.....If anyone has the parts I need I will buy them.....just the outer parts as I now have 2 of everything else.....DON'T BUY FROM THIS SITE....KingsBikes & Zone 8 and Gasbike is all the same company...and are crooks...

2. KCvale

KCvale Motorized Bicycle Vendor

Many of the parts from your original 1 piece cranks are re-used.
    That is what keeps the cost down.
    The longer shaft that attaches the same as you original cranks is just to be able to get the new sprocket and wider cranks on.

Natioinwide Access (gasbike/Kings) are just a US receiving warehouse for Chinese goods they in turn mark up a bit and resale in the boxes they came in for the US market.
    They have no clue what is inside or how it works anymore than a stock puller at a wallmart making $8 an hour.

For guys like me that don't need help and search for deals, usually pretty good for me.

If you need your hand held to just do simple bicycle work I doubt you will find any vendor willing to sit on the phone with you for hours for the $20 they made moving the box on to you.
    I wouldn't and why I won't sell engine kits here even if I have some.

Since you need wide cranks I'll assume a 7G 4-stroke kit?
    If you think just making it pedal was hard the really not fun is ahead.

3. dougsr.874

dougsr.874 Active Member

Obviously you think I'm an idiot...and I DON'T NEED MY HAND HELD and I don't appreciate your condescending tone...that said let me correct you ...there are NO parts from the bike that can be reused....and this NOT the first time I've done this conversion.....so I know what I'm talking about.....you're not the only EXPERT on this subject......and I'll restate my original quote...DON'T BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE.....

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  4. KCvale

My apologies.

5. MotorBicycleRacing

MotorBicycleRacing Well-Known Member

Hey, Sick Bike Parts has the adapters you need. :)

6. LR Jerry

LR Jerry Well-Known Member

Sorry you didn't get what you needed. I'd been mad also on the second order. Some of these dealers are way better than others.

7. LR Jerry

LR Jerry Well-Known Member

Sorry you didn't get what you needed. I'd been mad also on the second order. Some of these dealers are way better than others.

8. dougsr.874

dougsr.874 Active Member

Sick Bike Parts saved the day and I had the parts in two days...

9. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Gasbike sells what you order, they're a werehouse tat's it........................you ordered the wrong kit! ADMIT IT?

10. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

MBR you accused KC of a mistake and you've made many. Quit please.

11. MotorBicycleRacing

Watcha talking about? :)
    I never make mistakes. LOL

12. dougsr.874

dougsr.874 Active Member

I admit I ordered the wrong part the first time.....but I reordered the second time and even the picture on their site showed what I needed, THAT'S WHAT I ordered and I got EXACTLY the second time what I got the first time....they sent the wrong parts the second time.....

13. kgyrobotron

kgyrobotron Member

Sbp...sbp...sbp...i say it again...sbp...one of the best!

14. MotorBicycleRacing

That's what I said.

Sick Bike Parts sponsors Socal Motor Bicycle Racing too! Great company.

15. KCvale

I seldom use the shaft and bearings for 1-piece crank conversion as I seldom build direct and they suck for shifters, I much prefer screw in sealed bearing BB cranks.

I do have a few 1-piece crank assemblies I need to drop off for my local bike store.
    There is no room here for the 60+ I have removed for jackshaft builds and will darn sure never use one again.

[​IMG]

Do your local shop right when you can, they do the same back.
    My local shop treats me real well and I'm lucky to have a good one around the corner ;-}

16. schwinn123

schwinn123 Member

Thats quite the collection there KC. Why do you end up not using any of those ifyou dont mind me asking? Im looking for a simple one piece crankset for my Skyhawk frame build.

17. KCvale

Too bad you are on the other side of the country, you could have picked out whatever you wanted, most all of them were pulled out of brand new bikes.

Everything but direct drive 2 stroke builds get new cranks that come with the kits so I have no use for all these 1 piece cranks.

18. dougsr.874

dougsr.874 Active Member

I also just discarded many of the single cranks....never thought anybody would need them....

19. schwinn123

schwinn123 Member

thats what i figured was going on there...thats unfortunate, for me, haha. Thanks for that offer though!

20. schwinn123

schwinn123 Member

I wish somebody around here by me was disregarding parts haha.