wider triple tree? Ambassador?

Discussion in 'Whizzer Motorized Bicycles' started by dirtyoldman, Oct 3, 2011.

1. dirtyoldman

dirtyoldman New Member

Can anyone tell me if the Ambassador (late model) has a wider triple tree than the pacemaker or other models? I want to go with some seriously larger tires but the forks are too close together. I am wondering if the Ambassador triple tree is wider than the "normal" whizzer triple trees? Or possibly I can use a certain motorcycle triple tree?

2. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

The Ambassador forks possibly are a little wider than the standard Whizzer forks because they were designed to for a 3" tire and a disc brake system. Because of the brake the wheel is offset to one side (I'm told). Also it is not a direct bolt-in replacement for the Whizzer fork. To mount one will require reengineering a number of things including either shortening the head tube on your frame or having an extension welded to the steering tube of the Ambassador fork.
  3. mason_man

mason_man Active Member

You can also look at moped forks. Peugeot,Puch.I think they have the same size head tube.
  4. dirtyoldman

dirtyoldman New Member

Actually I spoke with Helmutt and he recommended just changing the triple tree, a certain year (I can remember the year and bike model) suzuki triple tree is a direct replacement that slips over the fork tubes and provides a wider space for larger tires. Helmutt has them available and I will be ordering one from him shortly.