Wild in the snow

Attachments

• cog.jpg
    cog.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 338
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Gotcha Doc. I have a couple of wrecked snow machines out in the yard. Next time I can get out there, I'll see what's there. Are the cogs on the jackshaft movable? This does look like it might fill the bill.
Thanks,
Van

No Van, They are stationary. that is what is used to drive the track belt.
Hook up a centrifical clutch and a 4 stroke or 2 stroke , along with the pullies or sprockets and off you go.
Oh yeah, gotta have some bearing mounts, which you can rob off the sleds that you have there.
Keep us posted. With pic progress!
Doc

I miss understood your question. Yes on the one I have, I believe you can slide them on the keyway and set screw them into place.
Doc

Excellent. Way cool. Bearings and such should not be a problem.

Off topic (I'm allowed to do that on my thread aren't I?) I just found out my new bike is in Fairbanks undergoing final assembly. It'll be another couple of weeks 'till it gets here. I feel like a kid just before christmas.

1.jpg

I think that'll be a lot of fun even though it doesn't have a motor.

That is one bad looking machine. Looks like you could fall asleep while peddling.
Too cool!
Doc

I have a gas powered snow scooter. It has a track on the back and a ski on the front. It can also be converted to just wheels for use on the street. I'm waiting for the snow to fly so I can try it out. Should be fun!

Mike

Attachments

• 2007_0911snowscooter0001.jpg
    2007_0911snowscooter0001.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 368
Back