Wild in the snow

That is awesome Junkologist. Tell the truth, have you tried it in the long grass?
Doc

Interesting ideas guys. Thanks. I didn't have time to get out in the yard yet to look at the snow machine parts out there. Might not have time for a couple of days. Keep the ideas flowing, ya never know what ideas might match up with the parts laying around out there.

That is awesome Junkologist. Tell the truth, have you tried it in the long grass?
Doc

Doc,
I did try it in the grass!:LOL: It goes pretty good with the wheel on the front. It won't push the ski through the grass, though. My mailbox is 1200' from my house. Should be fun getting the mail this winter!

Mike

I got out into the yard the other day. There's the carcass of a '78 Arctic Cat Jag out there with the remains of a track on it with serious cleats. Now I'll have to find the time to disassemble it to see if I can make some of the parts work.

Forrest, thanks for the link to Ktrak. That looks pretty interesting.

The Chrysler Sno Runner looks nifty.

I don't know that the Ktrak bicycle thing would work so well really.

I've never tried one and don't know anyone else who has either, but when the pubicity of these things first got around online, a lot of bicycle-building experimenting people in northern climes noted that skis and drive belts ONLY work well when they're wide enough to float on top of new or deep snow--and even when they ARE wide enough, they have so much running friction that nobody much gets into riding such a human-powered vehicle, it's just too much effort.

If you are dealing with snow only a few inches deep or already hard-packed, then studded MTB tires generally work much better. They're not exactly inexpensive at around $100 each, but they are far more convenient and probably more reliable than the Ktrak thing.
~

I seen one of those Chrysler Snorunner's on ebay and thought it might be better to just get a cheap 110cc or so 4-stroke pit bike and convert it to be somewhat like the Chrysler Snorunner.

Back