Wild in the Streets Bike of the Month

Tom

Local time
5:55 AM
Please note that this is a separate competition from the regular bike of the month. This is for the totally custom bikes of members on our forum.

If you want to submit a picture, please e-mail me (admin@motor-bicycles.com) with "CUSTOM Bike of the Month entry" as the subject, then include your username (for this forum), name of the bike (optional), and attach the picture you want to submit. Please only send me one picture.

I will be accepting entries up until January 31st, 2007, at which time the voting will begin. I will start an announcement thread similar to this one with a poll, and post each picture. I won't be posting people's usernames to keep everything anonymous (even though you could probably figure out whose bike is who's).

Voting for this month's contest will go from January 31th, 2007 until 10:59:59PM on Wednesday, February 14, 2007.

The winner gets to have their picture used for the logo of the site in place of the winner of the general Bike of the Month contest for Jan. (Look at the top of the all the pages.)

Rules:

1. Each member gets to submit up to 1 picture.

2. You must own the bike in the picture.

3. Each member may vote once. We are going to use the honor system here.

4. Only custom bikes in this competition. Each member can only submit one picture per competition. (You can submit a picture of your custom bike to this competition, and a picture of your regular bike to the General Bike of the Month competition)

Lets see what you got!

Hmmmm... yeah.... I figured someone might ask that. Uh...

I would almost say that if you had to do any welding, then it has to go in this competition. Or maybe if the frame has been modified?

What do you guys think?

let me guess, but tom should confirm this.

i'd think in this case "custom" would be as in "custom frame."

I think the frame itself should be privately welded to be custom.
A good example may be bird's sidecar: it's probably considered pretty "custom" but the frame is stock, so maybe it should be in the regular category. Most of us had to do something custom to get it all to work (or look as cool as we want), so I think our definition should be pretty out there

so "modified frame" are the keywords, then?

anyone else want to post their thoughts so we can rock this out?

looking at etheric's example of bird's sidecar: could he enter in "custom" & get votes on the combo, but in "regular" (we need to find a cooler term...i suggest "stock") he'd get votes on the bike only ??

i'm not picking on bird, his most-excellent work is a good example to use 8)

damn, i know, this is so confusing. its really hard to tell sometimes. I mean, sometimes its so darn obvious, but other times there is so much grey area. I don't know what to do! ahh!!

It would almost be easier to define what constitutes a "Normal" bike, and then say everything else goes in the "Wild in the Streets"...

How about... a "Normal" bike is nothing more than a bike that you can buy at the store, an engine kit, and basic lights/speedo/fenders...

Back