Will it fit? 48cc frame mount to a Walmart Hyper Havoc?

JRowe

Local time
8:27 AM
So I'm looking for a budget bike. I have a few candidates, but I'm leaning toward this bike.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/26-Hyper-...bucket_id=irsbucketdefault&findingMethod=p13n

I'm new to bicycles in general, so I'm not sure what this type of frame is called, but was wondering if I would have major issues fitting a 48cc engine to the frame?

http://www.bikeberry.com/48cc-mega-...-stroke.html?gclid=CNej2vH2or8CFQGtaQodOR8Amg is the kit I'm looking at.

My goal is to keep it under $300 and under 50cc, and I have some friends at work that want to join me.

0068067400894_500X500.jpg

Last edited:
DO NOT try to motorize the Genesis that is pictured in your link to Walmart......1st problem...carb will not fit in frame unless you buy an offset intake...but, the worst problem is that the bikeframe takes an inward curve on the lower part of the frame next to the back wheel....causing the motor chain NOT to clear the frame....The Genesis ONEX can be motorized quite easily.

Thanks! There seems to be a lot of extra engineering on most full suspension bikes. I'm looking at spending a little extra on putting together my own bike and buying the frame and so on, so I can ensure the engine fits, and get the best bang for my buck. I'm also considering the same route with the engine kits - it's nice to have everything in one easy package, but someone's making money on putting it all together. I'll use the information on the forum as best I can to get a list of all the parts, and then see if purchasing them individually saves money. This will probably turn into a parts thread, and a typical stream of consciousness first project - I appreciate the tip!

That style frame is only suitable for rack mount engines. Very few rear suspension bikes will accept a motor mounted in the frame, and most of those are pre-2005 vintage.
-Buy a hard tail frame if you want a frame mounted engine. You can add a suspension seatpost.

I have seen Avalons with a two stroke in the frame but it is a tight fit. They usually use an offset intake manifold for carb clearance and many of the engine vendors sell them.

Back