Will my happy time fit?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Ant27, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Ant27

Ant27 Member

I don't know if this is in the right section, so please move it if necessary.
    My "80cc" engine is coming soon and I thought I'd buy a bike from walmart to put it on. I can return it, but until my engine comes, I want to see if you guys think it will fit.
    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/allReviews.do?product_id=4990073

I have pictures of it. Maybe that will help. Its a powerkingshop kit. Maybe you can judge if it will fit if you've bought one in the past. Thanks a lot you guys, I can't wait until mine finally comes!

Attached Files:

2. macarollo

macarollo Guest

I have my doubts. If it did fit I imagine it would be very tight.

3. levsmith

levsmith Member

doubt it

yeah i really doubt that it would either. looks like it would be a really tight fit if it did. sorry for the bad news.

4. MotorBicycleRacing

MotorBicycleRacing Well-Known Member

Not only will it not fit, that bike has no front brake and a
    back coaster brake isn't much better than none

Get a bike with linear pull brakes front and back as most of
    your braking is done with the front wheel

5. Rain City

Rain City Member

Your dreams, crushed. Right here on motoredbikes.com. Thank you and good night!

<crowd cheering>

6. s_beaudry

s_beaudry Member

I have seen that bike in stock at my local Walmart....

Being honest... I made a cardboard cutout of a HT profile and tried a few bikes there...it DID NOT fit this bike, if I can remember, it was about an 1.5" not wide enough for the motor!

7. Ant27

Ant27 Member

Thanks for responses you guys. I returned the old one, and got a better bike with more room for the engine. It has coaster brakes. Should I put my brake calipers on the front wheel or the back one?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2008
  8. MotorBicycleRacing

MotorBicycleRacing Well-Known Member

So what bike did you get?

9. Ant27

Ant27 Member

I ended up getting a Huffy Cranbrook. It was cheap but still had the size I needed to fit the engine. People please don't put down the bike I know its not the best of the best haha :]
    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=9207779

From experience you all recommend putting on a set of brakes right? I honestly don't think the coaster brakes are the safest way to go. :lol:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2008
  10. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

Don't let "elitism" worry you. That Cranbrook is just fine at the price.

Maybe it's not quite as tough as we'd like for this use. But it's adequate and you'll have a cool ride while you save up for a tougher bike.

I'd have a few spare parts on hand and the ability to adjust bearings and such. If you're new at that, don't worry. It's not hard.

And, yes, I'd put a front brake on it.

You'll want to be sure that you don't beat that bike up. Ride easy. But then you wouldn't want to beat up a bike that you spent a bunch of money on, either.

Have fun.

11. Ant27

Ant27 Member

thanks!
    Yeah in other sites I have to be defensive before I post anything. But not here :cool: