Will Staton chain drive fit this bike ?????

I don't see why not however you'd have to sacrifice the rack that already comes on it.

Just got back from wal-mart, Got the point beach for $124.00
it was on sale, had to go to 3 stores to find one.
Now to order the Staton Kit!!!
I Love it when a plan comes together !!!
(remember the "A" Team)

I have Raleigh's counterpart to your bike. It's a Retroglide 7, with the same equipment you have. My bike has wide seat stays and v-brakes, and both components posed interference problems with Staton's universal mounting bracket. You'll probably have to modify that bracket, but it's not a major problem.

How is your bike holding out from the stresses of the Staton ?
I don't know if my fenders will last Long, They feel like tin foil..

Fenders are generally a bad idea on MB unless you reinforce them. Many people have gone over the handlebars because their fenders snapped and lodged in the wheel.

seanhan, I removed the new fenders as soon as the bike left the showroom. I like the bare-bones, rat-rod look.

I have the same engines and the same rear drive as you do.

The bike is holding out well, despite vibrations from front and rear.:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
seanhan, if you haven't done so yet, drill all mounting holes oversize to accept grade 8 1/4" volts. What I also did was use 3/8" allthread, lockwashers and nuts to secure the gearbox, instead of the collars with setscrews. This makes everything much simpler to remove/reinstall/adjust. Loosen the nuts 1/2" on the right side of the gearbox, tighten the nuts on the left side and the box can be adjusted with precision, unlike loosening the locking collars and banging on the box to move it side-to-side.

The allthread hasn't bent yet, but if I can find a grade 8 bolt threaded end-to-end, I'll grind off the head and use that for mounting the gearbox.

Don't forget to follow Staton's installation instructions on his website.

I got the GEBE instead of the Staton.

The Gebe is doing great, 280 miles on it no problems except my rear wheel got loose after 100 miles. Had to take it off and tighten the axel nuts a little bit, and I lost a mounting screw from my fuel tank, but thats about it.
The bike tops out at 32mph, Thats with the tanaka 32 cc.
The Tanaka sure does start easy allmost first pull everytime. I was looking at the tanaka weed wackers and might get one. My Ryobi can be hard to get started sometimes. They also make some nice chain saws. But I have a old Poulan that just won't die.
:)

Back