Will this trike project work?

Discussion in 'Electric Bicycles' started by toxo, Jun 8, 2016.

1. toxo

toxo New Member

Hi everybody. Complete newbie here hoping you knowledgeable guys can help me out.

My main hobby is shooting and a farmer friend has asked me to keep the rabbits under control. My 67 yr old legs won't take walking all that way with gear and bunnies.

A 4x4 or a quad would be handy but I can't afford one so came up with the idea of a modified trike. I bought a Pashley trike which has 3 gears on it. I also have three golf trolley motors, gearboxes and shafts which I think are a bit on the light side and a seperate golf caddy motor which is 200watts, is this enough?

Don't need speed. Just something to go slowly around the field perimeters with me and my gear on it. I used to be a fabricator/welder so not frightened of a project but I need to know if this project is feasable before i invest in some serious brain excercising.

Don't know if I can post pics but I'll have a go to show what I have to work with.

Any info or links re gears, chains, sprocket sizes etc will be seriously welcomed. Thank you.

[​IMG]