Windowed Piston without Reed Valve

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you might see an increase,...I also think that spitback would be increased to the point of becoming an issue.

but your wrist pin bearing/bushing (which is the weakest link in one of these motors) would be getting a ton of fresh, cool lube straight from the source....that's a plus,...right?

--this is all conjecture. let one of the pros here sound off. I never had either windowed piston OR a reed

Last edited:
I think you might see an increase,...I also think that spitback would be increased to the point of becoming an issue.

but your wrist pin bearing/bushing (which is the weakest link in one of these motors) would be getting a ton of fresh, cool lube straight from the source....that's a plus,...right?

--this is all conjecture. let one of the pros here sound off. I never had either windowed piston OR a reed

yeah I also think in the same way, but won't be sure about that backdraft from crankcase causes damage to carb or due to it is free to fuel/air mixture to move from the crankcase to intake manifold wouldn't give me enough compression to start her up.
Thx tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back