windshields

jacliny

Local time
6:43 AM
has anyone experimented with making a windshield for winter riding?
i think i searched the threads properly but couldn't find anything about windshields. thanks , Joe

There's been a thread or two on the subject, but I don't know if anyone has followed through.

I've certainly considered it. But I can't help the feeling that the more effective the fairing in protecting you from wind, the more that same wind is gonna push you all over the place. There's likely to be a very fine balance between weather protection and safety.

it seems that if you could just get the wind off your face a little it would help, nothing as large as a fairing. but as you say it would be a fine balance.

high-rise bars, lexan, steel-rod, zip-ties...it works great, good for 2-3mph when i tuck behind it, and marvelous in the rain :cool:

Attachments

• MVC-477F.JPG
    MVC-477F.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 204
I have a windshield on my electric bicycle (the scooter looking type).

Took it off for one day to ride without it -- too much wind, getting pelted with the rain, and gravel being kicked up at my by the trucks. I put it right back on, and love it.

Hasn't really slowed down the bike, and has actually helped keep me pretty dry when it rains. I like it.

Back