Discussion in 'General Questions' started by jacliny, Oct 24, 2008.

1. jacliny

jacliny New Member

has anyone experimented with making a windshield for winter riding?
    i think i searched the threads properly but couldn't find anything about windshields. thanks , Joe

2. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

There's been a thread or two on the subject, but I don't know if anyone has followed through.

I've certainly considered it. But I can't help the feeling that the more effective the fairing in protecting you from wind, the more that same wind is gonna push you all over the place. There's likely to be a very fine balance between weather protection and safety.
  3. jacliny

jacliny New Member

it seems that if you could just get the wind off your face a little it would help, nothing as large as a fairing. but as you say it would be a fine balance.
  4. mabman

mabman Member

Try a full face helmet.
  5. jacliny

jacliny New Member

lol, thats no fun!
  6. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

I think alaskavan has a windsrceen fairing on his trike.
  7. mabman

mabman Member

Funny, I always thought that was some sort of a Moose Flicker.
  8. augidog

augidog Banned

high-rise bars, lexan, steel-rod, works great, good for 2-3mph when i tuck behind it, and marvelous in the rain :cool:

Attached Files:

9. Bill Tarling

Bill Tarling New Member

I have a windshield on my electric bicycle (the scooter looking type).

Took it off for one day to ride without it -- too much wind, getting pelted with the rain, and gravel being kicked up at my by the trucks. I put it right back on, and love it.

Hasn't really slowed down the bike, and has actually helped keep me pretty dry when it rains. I like it.
  10. Mairead

Mairead New Member

A balaclava worked pretty well in Minnesota, back when there was still real weather (-30F on cold days).