Winnipeg, Canada

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by rguy56, Aug 2, 2008.

1. rguy56

rguy56 New Member

I hate burning gas, so I want to commute with electricity. I appreciate the experience I can find here at motoredbikes...

I swear my next car will be a plug-in, too.

2. NunyaBidness

NunyaBidness Member

hey Bob, welcome aboard
    yeah there is a lot of info here
    glad you found us
    good luck and happy motoring
  3. CalgarysFool

CalgarysFool Member

I know that petroleum doesn't exactly freeze in WPG in January, but everything else does!

Surely you don 't intent to electro-commute in winter, which, it seems to me, is just around the corner from us now!

Welcome to the board, one noob to another.

4. techboss

techboss New Member

Welcome to the forum. I am from Winnipeg too and I love my Gas Bike. I commute to work and back 30km and electric would not allow that kind of distance hence I chose the gas route.
  5. rguy56

rguy56 New Member

Calgary's fool,

We've all got to go sometime, and Winter in Winnipeg saps the will to live, and in a complimentary way, makes me want to ride my bike. I've got a spare set of wheels with studs that I just switch with the weather. My dream is to make the bike two wheel drive with a hub on the front, and peddle on the back. God, I hope I don't wuss out...

Are you the guy with the massive rear spoke mounted final drive who absolutely screams down scurfield?

6. techboss

techboss New Member

I drove down scurfield few times, but the loud noise you hear are from the dirt bikes and a pocket bike that I see goes around sometimes.