Winter projects?

I'm going to replace the drive roller bearings on my Staton friction drive bike as they are getting a little noisey. I also need to adjust the valve lash on the Robin 35 on this bike. On the GEBE drive bike I just need to do a few tweeks, primarily to center the front disc caliper on the disc as the new fork has it off center. Lots of filing on the fork caliper mount to accomplish this. Wheee!

winter projects

When I routed some wires within the frame, I was well aware of frame fatigue. What few holes that were required, were minimum in size and delibertly done in low stress and vibration areas. Being a conservative person by nature, whenever I have to drill, weld or modify the bike I take safety into consideration.

Jim

Dang, my winter project was a new set of pull down attic stairs in the house.

My shop is unheated and it has been freeeekin cold down here in the Tar Heel State so not much bike stuff going on.

I have replaced both tanks with gallon size tanks and modified both exhausts---pictures and report soon.

Again- I'm loving my Kerosun radiat heater.

james- I agree that if done carefully, should not be a problem.

I have weighed all the internal rotating parts from my gearbox- have the "speed holes" in the intermediate gear. I should be polishing the gears by Saturday.

Also, doing some research about a fluid for the gearbox- I'm thinking the highest friction auto-trans fluid there is- all auto trans. run wet clutches. So far i have come up with Ford Type F as the "grabbiest" still researching though. I;m just thinking that if I am able to free up the gears with eight reduction and polishing, the last thing I want to do is bog it down with thick grease...though I will go back to that if I have to.

My winter projects consist of the following:
Finishing my first HT motor bike, just waiting for parts
Rebuilding the carbs of my cb750 chopper, the float valves are worn out.
Finish winterizing my boat, and replace the waterpump impeller
Paint the master bedroom in our house
Clean out my back basement and move my batcave to this newly cleared out space.
Finish learning how to play "long cool woman" by the hollies on my Telecaster
Loose 20 pounds

What year engine is the CB750....I have wanted a stock CB750 to make a mild cafe' racer style for a while- wonderful bikes.

...oh, and Telecaster- classic.

slowing down on Mb projects!

As soon as it got could I started tearing my bike down for new paint,new wheels,a sprocket adaptor from Creative eng.which should be here soon I hope and a 6 volt led lighting system here is a peek from 10 ft away with two 4ft lights on in the garage...I might have to tone it down a bit.:devilish:I'm waiting for parts which is a good thing cuz I can't ride for 2 month anyways.

MotoMagz

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 148
My shopping list...

This is all the "stuff" I think I'll need to convert my old Trek 920 to front suspension, front disc brake, and higher rise handlebars. I also need to order the correct front hub for the disc brakes and have my wheel re-laced (the hub I want is around $50). Total cost for all of this is going to be in the $300 range. I think the bike will be safer and more comfortable, though.

Warner

All of these parts are from pricepoint.com

2009 Rockshox Dart 2 Post Black 80mm $89.98

Avid BB7 Mech Disc Brake Grey Fnt/Rer 2009 160mm $44.98

FSA Pig Headset $19.98

Sette Duo O/S 31.8mm Riser Handlebar - 2014 2.5" Rise $21.98

Avid Speed Dial 7 Brake Levers 2009 $17.98

Sram Pit-Stop Full Metal Jacket Disc Brake Cable Set 2009 $19.98

Truvativ AKA All-Mountain Stem 2010 Black 110mm $34.98

Subtotal : $249.86

Machined and fitted my dellorto phbg, new gears, deraileur, and rear tire installed. Polished the cases on the engine and slowly getting my mb fitted for a railbike setup so that not only can i run an abandoned railroad with it but I will be able to undo it quickly and stow it on the bicycle so I can ride it as a bicycle to get back home. Also have a dyno tuning session forthcoming in early spring on a friends dyno to optimize it as well as a better cylinder head.

Last edited:
What year engine is the CB750....I have wanted a stock CB750 to make a mild cafe' racer style for a while- wonderful bikes.

...oh, and Telecaster- classic.

HoughMade, you do some exceptional work on these bikes. but my CB is a 1976, I did a top end rebuild on it a couple years ago, and put in an electronic ignition, so that only leaves the carbs. You should come over to www.hondachopper.com
or
http://sohc750.yuku.com/directory

I am sure we could find you a cheap stocker for you to cafe out. You should check out Carpy's work

http://www.cb750cafe.com/carpy.php

And not just any tele, but a USA w/Texas Specials, and a VOX AC15 amp. Too bad I cant play for ****.

Last edited:
Back