Wireing it all up?

Neufcruz

Local time
10:23 AM
Im finally going to hook up the electronics portion of this in going project.
I searched but couldn't find anything.
From the engine: white - blue - black
Kill switch: green - pink
Jaguar CDI: green - black

Sorry, I don't want to fry anything!

Any assistance would be appreciated!
Thanks affinity to all!

Mike

Just bumping this for folks with a jag cdi but my thoughts are dont use the kill switch, black to black, and green to blue. Also these wires do fall out with time and vibrations. I say get it right and then tape it heavily. Also, white is for power out and requires advance electronics knowledge. There is info here if you want to utilize the electric power from the motor.

I found a bunch of diagrams and threads that say:
Engine blue + CDI blue (my green) +kill switch red (my pink)
Engine black + CDI black + kill switch green
Cap off white if not using!
Going to buy some better connectors, wire loom, gallon of gas and 2 stroke oil.
Who knows, maybe she breaths today!!!

Just leave the kill switch out all together; too much reported trouble with it (me included). Use your choke to turn off the engine.

ighm.png

substitute the blue wire from the CDI for green and the yellow wire from the killswitch for pink. ignore the red line if you don't want to install a keyed switch

ighm.png

substitute the blue wire from the CDI for green and the yellow wire from the killswitch for pink. ignore the red line if you don't want to install a keyed switch
Thanks! Got it all wired up and all in wire looms. Even hid most of cables. Looks much cleaner now without kill switch wire harness, throttle cable, front and rear brake cable and clutch cable.

Just be careful to not restrict the throttle and clutch cable when you are tidying up. Eventually, through weather and wear, your cables will not respond as they do now and can get stuck if restricted (it aint fun to have a stuck throttle, lol). Try for big loops not small tight ones.

Back