Wireless speedo???

Apachekid

Local time
11:39 PM
Anybody know if a wireless bike speedometer will work on MAB or I gotta have a wired one? My idiot friend says no way (itd be the 1st time he's right about anything)

I recall reading on the forum they are worse than wired ones and wired are difficult to get rid of the spark frequencies.

CAteye Works

I use a cateye wireless cycle computer on mine and it works fine. Might depend on the ignition setup on your engine, but I've got the subaru Eh035 and it's mounted up front near the front fork and I still don't get any interference. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Not to confuse the issue.....just adding another experience. I use the Walmart variety on a rack mount. The wired work fine, but die from the moisture in about 500 miles. I tried two different wireless versions, and they wouldn't work reliably or at all.

Well, I can't guarantee that the wireless version will work in other configurations and for other ignition systems, but it works fine for me and the sensor and computer are each within two feet of my engine.

I also have a cateye wired unit on my road bike that I've owned since 2003 and it's been ridden in rain, snow, mud, etc. and it still works perfectly. I've also accidentally knocked the computer part off my handlebars twice while riding with no deleterious effects.

That strada wireless looks good!..big numbers, looks like it should work..quality looks better than the **** on ebay Thanks for tip Wiley

Apachekid: no problem. Here's a bit more info as well. There are digital and analog wireless sensors and, from what I've read the analog computers are cheaper but more susceptible to interference. Also, on that strada unit I linked to, it's very directional. If the computer is not more or less above the sensor, it won't read, so you can't put the sensor on the rear wheel, for instance. That might also be what allows it to work so near my engine. I even have a tach/hours meter wire running right past it on the bars, as well as my kill switch wire.

Back