Wolfpack CDI-Coil

Discussion in 'Performance Mods' started by Ozi, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Ozi

Ozi Member

Just got my performance cdi and coil in the mail.

Pack contains

CDI
    Coil
    Bolt with washers/nut
    4 heat shrink pieces - 1/2 in. long
    Business card

Here are some pics. :cool:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011

2. Ozi

Ozi Member

Whats in the box? :detective:

Attached Files:

3. pucksterpete

pucksterpete Member

Let us know how the cdi works for ya....

Tnx

4. Ozi

Ozi Member

Will do pete.. looks like I'll have to ruggerdize the cdi a little, eg. waterproof and vibration.

I'll add a switch (kill) on the cdi enclosure aswell while I'm at it. I'll post pics of it Installed and let you know how it goes.

cheers
    ozi

5. thinks ozi i'm be looking for the pics

6. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

How about a schematic of the hand installed circuitry? I'm surprised it doesn't have a "real" circuit board....acid etched.

7. Ozi

Ozi Member

Im not sure about the mods and owner of the this forum allowing the circuit dia. to be posted/hosted here ... could be a waste of time posting it here, only to have the details removed.

This has been around for a while, Im surprised its not floating around allready.

A parts list and diagram would be no problem 70. I'll take a closer look at the circuit. :smart:

8. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

I guess we'll have to wait for Dax to clone it and get it made in China ala BMP and SBP shifter kit style:whistling:

9. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

Yeah Ozi, why don't you disrespect the person who brought such a needed item to market by making the circuit schematics available for everyone? That's biting the hand that feeds you.

10. Ozi

Ozi Member

relax jag... all I'll post is a tip for whomever contructs the cdi.

seat the circuit board on a layer of resin, it'll stop all the complaints of soldered joints failing due to vibration.. might even stop the 'ooh ahh I can replicate it because theres been no atempt at concealing the circuit' type posts.

I'll post some pics of it installed and report back on how it perfoms

:)

11. justinsidethegates

justinsidethegates New Member

Sorry to bring up such an old thread but since i've built my first bike JNM has been sold out of that CDI.
    Anyone who bought one mind listing the parts in it in an attempt build my own? I wouldnt even mind paying you Jaguar for the couple units i plan to make if you wouldnt mind giving me a parts list or schematic. I know youve been banned and its a shame in my opinion but hopefully the community doesnt suffer without such a needed product. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

12. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

I was only banned from the other forum. See my writeup about it on my site.
    Keep checking with JNM on the CDI. They should be receiving a shipment of CDI's from me any day now.

13. impression

impression Member

lol you call that CDI small....

how about this

> attachment

I'm running this right now on my bike :p

Attached Files:

14. Dakman

Dakman New Member

I understand very little about ignitions and such but was wondering how your cdi unit would work, or not, in conjunction with the adjustable magnet that's available. Would that combination allow even greater fine tuning of the system or would it even interfere perhaps ?

15. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

I've played around with "fine tuning" of the timing and the differences in power are too small to be concerned with. With the standard magnet the timing adjustments available on my CDI are sufficient.

16. Dakman

Dakman New Member

Thanks very much

17. Hoze513

Hoze513 New Member

Hey OZi, where can I get a wolf pack racing CDI. Thanks

18. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

19. SdCruizer

SdCruizer Member

so can we get a cheaper version if the coil is left out?
    just way too much money for what it is
    probably sell more that way

20. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

I doubt that most people have a spare coil from an MX bike laying around. Price new coils and then see if you still think the price is too high.