Woodruff Key

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by Dice1, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Dice1

Dice1 New Member

Ok well my bike sat for a bit due to issues. I finally get back to workin on it and find the woodruff key has gone missing. either forgot to put it back in or just dropped out last time I had it apart. my question is should I order the correct one for it or just cut on I have that fit but is automotive use.

2. wan37

wan37 Member

what gear does it go on..

3. Dice1

Dice1 New Member

gear under clutch housing.

4. wan37

wan37 Member

I got a few of the if you pm me.I'll tell you more about them.

5. HeadSmess

HeadSmess Well-Known Member

theyre all the same...about 2mm thick, 12mm long with a 5mm rise... so probably a 10mm radius...

6. chainmaker

chainmaker Member

Check behind the clutch, I had one pop off and go behind there

7. Dice1

Dice1 New Member

Its the one that the drive gear sits on top of.

8. Dice1

Dice1 New Member

Thanks guys. its Be a while but I got it all together and running great. Found out sears actually has the keys in stock so I bought 5 at $.85 a piece.

9. wan37

wan37 Member

Hey dice what kind of engine do you have.I have a sky hawk so those keys that I gave to you wouldn't fit mine either.sears good to know.

10. Dice1

Dice1 New Member

Sky Hawk. well i did get the ones u sent to fit with the help of a dremil. but yea sears has em. I actually had to do it twince since then because the nut keeps coming loose. but it take like 5 min so I can the ones I bought on me with some locktite and my tool bag(actual tool bag not my friends).

11. wan37

wan37 Member

Hey dice if the small bevel gear that the screw or bolt keeps coming off.I got a solution for you,either put a bolt on it instead of the screw head bolt,or install a centrifugal clutch it comes with a bolt.It make riding a lot better at least for me with all the stop signs here.

12. Dice1

Dice1 New Member

Do u have any pics of the clutch.

13. wan37

wan37 Member

No but go to boygofast on eBay and look at them there's pics there I just ordered my second one they work awesome.check them out you don't have to use the regular clutch all the time like when slowing down or stopping and just throttle and go no pedal assistance.I can tell you how to install them If you need help.