worked fine last night

kcmcf

Local time
7:26 AM
ok i went to go run some erans today and it wouldnt start. it ran fine on the way home last night.

i have done all the usual, has good spark, changed any way, checked fuel good fuel. just mixed up some 2 days ago. took off kill switch and white wire light still no go. took every thing off and re sealed everything took the kids carb off and put mine on his started right up on his. checked clutch it is good.
it just spits and sputters dosnt want to run at all. i am all out of ideas. any thoughts besides a stick of dynomite. LOL

Strange that it ran fine last night & now it doesn't....has something happened since then(eg,was it rained-on overnight/is the fuel contaminated)
If there is no obvious explanation i'm afraid it's gonna have to be trial & error....your doing the right thing by swapping parts.

Hi,
May be the muffler has some thing blocking it.
Just a thought.
If you have spark and fuel then the next thing is compression isn't it.
Or may be like Large said the "Magneto" may be you get some spark when checking it,, but when the magneto is under load it may not function fully.
Try you sons magneto.

didnt get rained on i keep them in the garage, i am going to swap mags and cdi's today and see if that works. i did swap carbs yesterday and took my sons bike it is working great. also going to pull the muffler i just built a new baffle for it a few days before it now has 3/4 pipe coming out instead of the oem one. have to take something pritty big to plug it.

For Poops And giggles.

How's the plug look?" wet Dry.Compressions good.?

Do you hear the motor Going up and down when trying to start.

Sorry to ask that question but Here at Blue-Collar We get many phone calls regarding the same Problem and their clutch was not engaging All the way to turn the motor over.

You seem very knowledgeable ,,so I'm sure she's Turning over fine.

Also

Why not give a little squirt Of starting fluid.

I said little. lol

Cheers:)

Bob

BlueCollarBike

yes its is engaging, i have swaped the cdi and mag from my sons bike it helped some, wants to fire then high idles then dies i have taken the baffle out, draind tank taken out petcock all are clear same with the filter. all out of ideas.

yes its is engaging, i have swaped the cdi and mag from my sons bike it helped some, wants to fire then high idles then dies i have taken the baffle out, draind tank taken out petcock all are clear same with the filter. all out of ideas.

sounds like Air leak. check intake manifold and carb for leaks.

Also take off the air cleaner Look to make sure Slide is not in the up position.

cheers:)

Bob

Back