Worksman LGB Arrived (pics!)

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by echotraveler, Feb 25, 2009.

1. echotraveler

echotraveler Member

Hello friends,

Today I picked up a huge package!!!!! My new Workman LGB

right now im doing assembly, let me tell you that the wheels are impressive!!!!

here are some pics

right now i have to go and buy some lubricant, the instructions say rostoleum 200 or equal....i dont know what to buy...since the only experience i have with rostoleum is their crappy spraypaint....
    but im guessing its a paste lubricant...

Attached Files:

2. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

Sweet! Quality ride you got there.
  3. Accender

Accender Member

I want to see it put togeather.

Very nice!

4. echotraveler

echotraveler Member

well i would assemble it...but since i dont have the lubricant grease, the assembly will have to wait....but believe me im desperate to ride it!

the greese is for the front fork assembly...

ill surely post some more pics tomorrow
  5. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

6. mikem

mikem Member

Happy Bike Day!

Congrat's Echotravler ... lookin' good. Can't wait to see it assembled. Keep us posted.
  7. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

that's exciting
    haven't been keeping up with what you have planned
    motor for that one ? type ?

glad to see that your two wheels are in -- what a beauty !!!

8. echotraveler

echotraveler Member

thanx guys! the red wheels look so nice! and the big spokes look raD!!
    let me tell you the bascket and the stand alone weight more than the frame!! lol

also the bascket came in bolted to a big piece of wood on its bottom so right now i need to look at it well, to see if the big piece of wood was only to for shipping purpose....

well after assembly i will post the meassures of the frame, to see what you guys think, but im planning to put a grubee 2stroke 80cc engine like "flying cycletruck" did on his red lgb worksman. he posted that the carb doesn't fit so i would need to re weld it in a confortable position, thankfully i have a friend whos a welder, if not i could go to any muffler shop, they sure make crazy stuff if you tell them what you want lol.

my original idea was a small 30 40 50 cc engine....because i dont want any problem with the law.....but the lgb seems to weight too much for small engines to do much.

is it an issue that i have coaster break?? pedal backwards to stop....can i have that with an MB..never thought about it
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  9. mabman

mabman Member

About any lithium or poly-urea grease will work just fine for the headset. Pack the bearings well and that is about all you need to do. If there are any cables it helps to lube them upon assembly also. Don't use the grease but a lighter lubricant like your chain lube of choice. Pull the cable out of the housing and put some lube on your middle finger and thumb and pull the cable through it and reinstall. I use T9 Boeshield and have for years with great success.
  10. echotraveler

echotraveler Member

thanx for the tips on oils.

today i went to sears and bought the greese used in rolling garage doors.

and then went home to build, well assemble.

it was fun and a little hard, the instructions are not that good, but you can get there, an extra pair of hands was great! :idea:

So im almost finished, there is only small adjustments to be done, and a little detail that was missing in the box:sweatdrop: the handle bar stem:icon_cry:

so right now im going to contact the good fellows of Worksman, i bet they will send it ASAP, so im gonna wait with my bike...waiting makes it better.

a very impressive wieght i might say, i could not lift the bike with my arm. I bet that ones your running she will continue with her own innertia.
    The Stand is so StronG! i could sit and relax on the bike, that thing is super strong.

hope you guys enjoy the late night pics :whistling:

Attached Files:

11. echotraveler

echotraveler Member

Just spoke to Worksman about the missing stem, they cant believe it happened, but they are sending one right now, hope it gets here soon.

they are very good people to deal with.
    now the engine, next week im planning on buying a www.bikeberry 80cc black motor kit.

my frame hasa a clearace of 10.5" hight and 14.5" wide i believe its gonna be a tight fit, i like that its gonna fill the whole space.
  12. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

the coaster brake will work fine..... plus you have that front drum brake.

I see you opted for the 3-speed....I am sure you will like that!
    Due to the size of that rear hub, you'll 'probably' have to get creative, when you mount the engine sprocket.

That is one great looking bike!!

keep the pics coming.
  13. echotraveler

echotraveler Member

ill order the kit next week! yeah! i know you guys will be key on this build!
  14. scokes

scokes Member

Echo, I'm curious how your project turned out. I work for an industrial mill supply company and have sold a few of these Low Gravity Bikes to one of our local paper mills. The first thing i thought of when i was putting my HT together was getting one of these Worksmans and a second motor. I might even be able to convince the Mill to buy the engines and I'll charge a minimal fee to install :) Post some completed pics please!
  15. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

WOW nice ride! Ya better get some good locks for it or Ill steal it.