Worksman wheel

D

davidsis

Does worksman wheels come in stainless steel spokes, and how do they work. Are they any good is it the most wheel for the money, and will my coaster brake blow out on it in 1 month?

Well, I'd suggest you go to the Worksman site and check the wheels out. I don't know if they can be had with stainless steel spokes, but I do know that they are about as durable and dependable as you can get from any major supplier without going into SERIOUS money. They work just like any spoked wheel does, but are typically more durable than most.

As for the coaster brake question there are way too many variables to answer it. I'll say this though - almost any other brake type is a better choice.

I have a spookytooth bike all chrome frame 12 gauge spokes and a coaster brake that works. It's not the best brake but it works, I would prefer a disc with a high hat for sprocket mounting that would be ideal. I have been using mine since sept and have about 400 miles on the coaster brake it still works ok, not the most efficient stopping power but it has saved me from serious injury twice (locked up the rear wheel) and I avoided hitting the side of a car that made a right hand turn in front of me.

Thanks, anyone know if a motorized bike sprocket will fit on the hub without any modifications. Any one use them.

Yesterday I picked up a 21 speed from my bike shop, and for the first time, used the 12 gauge ALLOY wheel, ($50) rather than the 12 g. steel ($35) I had been using for years.

When I snapped on the GEBE ring, I have to say, this ended up being one of the best, easiest wheels I've built up. I have one of those Target $129 Jaguar 7 sp. being dropped off this morning, I think he is going to recognize the superiority of the Alloy.

It's 2 a.m., and I'm going out to the shop in a little bit, to put the finishing touches on the bike. (My customer couldn't understand "delay", shipping the bike from California).

If you're interested I'll get out the magnifying glass and put up the model number details..... ( I'm presuming it's wheelmaster, it came from the J&B catalog.)

Last edited:
I have a spookytooth bike all chrome frame 12 gauge spokes and a coaster brake that works. It's not the best brake but it works, I would prefer a disc with a high hat for sprocket mounting that would be ideal. I have been using mine since sept and have about 400 miles on the coaster brake it still works ok, not the most efficient stopping power but it has saved me from serious injury twice (locked up the rear wheel) and I avoided hitting the side of a car that made a right hand turn in front of me.

I have this exact wheel with 36t sprocket on "The Dragon Lady". I also use side-pull caliper brakes front and rear.

Excellent and consistent braking capacity from 30-something miles/hour. :geek:

Back