Would a Morini even fit?

RedBaronX

Local time
7:38 PM
OK, I'm putting the cart SO far ahead of the horse on this question that the horse isn't even born yet...

Would a Morini motor even fit in a Worksman frame without massive frame modification? I know they mount in differently than HTs, but that's not my question. Every picture I have seen of a Worksman with a Morini, the frame is opened up by a lot BUT the engine definitely NOT fill up the space.

I've never seen a Morini in person, so I have no frame of reference to how much bigger they are than HTs.

I would not be buying a new engine until my current HT dies. Just playing with options-- I would bet the cost of each in ratio to its life-expectancy would make buying a 4 stroke or a Morini cost effective against buying multiple HTs over time...

Take a look at this summary thread I just posted as a reference, RedBaronX. It has links to dimensional drawings of the various Morini Franco S6 engines that might help you out.

I did see those, but there are no overall measurements shown, just a couple here and there . I was trying to scale the .pdf up and down based on the couple measurements posted though. Get my printer working again and see if that will work.

Feeling like Italian?

OK, I'm putting the cart SO far ahead of the horse on this question that the horse isn't even born yet...

Would a Morini motor even fit in a Worksman frame without massive frame modification? I know they mount in differently than HTs, but that's not my question. Every picture I have seen of a Worksman with a Morini, the frame is opened up by a lot BUT the engine definitely NOT fill up the space.

I've never seen a Morini in person, so I have no frame of reference to how much bigger they are than HTs.

I would not be buying a new engine until my current HT dies. Just playing with options-- I would bet the cost of each in ratio to its life-expectancy would make buying a 4 stroke or a Morini cost effective against buying multiple HTs over time...

Ask and ye shall receive Baron...

http://www.morinifrancousa.com/engine2.htm

At the bottom of that page you will find a PDF file that give the external dimensions of the little Italian Harlot...

The S6-S and the S6-T share more or less the same external dimensions.

I have never seen a Morini installed in a stock Workman frame...I'm not saying it cant... I've just never seen one, its a tall wide engine compared to a China doll...

Through relatives in the old country, I've managed to procure several S6 series Air cooled Morinis at a more reasonable price... my first one WAS going into my beloved Iron Horse Warrior, a hard tailed, modern geometry, mens 21" mountain bike frame... But the bike had other ideas...
It seems it has a big fat down tube 1 1/4" DIRECTLY in front of the exhaust port when the chain lines are correct, and its perfectly positioned other wise... I was somewhat put out.
DANG IT! @$^*)_+_(&%$#@!
(throw's tools here)
Ok... no biggie...GRRRRRRR... I was wanting to try the GT5R "super rat" china girl any way.

On that "other" forum... theres a great Morini thread...

I'm banned from it cause I tend to call a frog a frog...
but some of those guys have the morini down pat and can probably give you more old style frame info than i can.
Give it a shot...it cant hurt.
Let me know what ya building...
BBB
P.S.
DON'T BUY ANYTHING OFF THOSE GUYS! word to the wise.

Last edited:
Back