Would like to sell a new engine-mounted chain tensioner on the forum!

Discussion in 'Forum Help & Suggestions' started by turbobuick1, Jun 29, 2013.

1. turbobuick1

turbobuick1 New Member

This is a question to the forum moderators. I've designed and thoroughly tested an engine-mounted, spring-loaded chain tensioner that I would like to offer to the bicycle community. I do not have a website, but will be selling these on ebay, and with your help, on this forum. Is there anything I have to do allow myself to sell this on motoredbikes.com?

IMG_0397.jpg IMG_0398.jpg IMG_0399.jpg IMG_0400.jpg View attachment 49105
    Fabian likes this.

2. Anton

Anton Administrator Staff Member

What we allow is a signature link at the bottom of all of your posts. Just add something like: Designer of engine-mounted spring-loaded chain tensioner and the link to ebay.

Then just post as usual on the forum and try to help out other members throughout all the categories on the forum. Please don't spam the questions about chain tensions. If you play an active part in the community and contribute to the forum the members will respect you.

All we ask in return is a link to www.motoredbikes.com from your ebay listing explaining that we are a motorized bicycle forum!
  3. turbobuick1

turbobuick1 New Member

Very good, appreciate the response!
  4. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

I'm not a moderator but I'll chime in. Kit chain tensioners are one of the items that members, especially newbies, complain about most. Your engine mounted tensioner will attract a lot of interest, in my opinion.
  5. turbobuick1

turbobuick1 New Member

Thank you! Starting wednesday i will start selling the above tensioner kit on ebay, this forum and another popular forum for motorized bicycles. It will go for $40 and free shipping, all hardware included.

Agaib, thanks for the encouraging words.
  6. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

That's a nice looking chain tensioner!

I am sure it will be well received by the motor bicycling community.
  7. turbobuick1

turbobuick1 New Member

I can only hope! Thanks fabian!
  8. IbedaYank

IbedaYank Member

How about a thread on showing how it is built and installed then a video showing it in action.
    Let it sell it's self
  9. turbobuick1

turbobuick1 New Member

10. Samdallas214

Samdallas214 Member

Nice I wished someone would come up with one for a 4 stroke at about the same price
  11. turbobuick1

turbobuick1 New Member

What 4 stroke engine do you have in mind?