Wow! a moped from an old bike for $120!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Plain City Roller, May 21, 2009.

1. Plain City Roller

Plain City Roller New Member

Hi! It's great to see a group of people so enthusiastic and helpful!

I've been lurking about after buying an 80(?)C.C. motor kit from Bike Berry. My Magna mountain bike seat risers don't clear the chain, and Ohio allows me to build a motorized bike, but does not allow me to register it. I wish I could fix the BMV with a torch and a jack as easily as I did the seat risers! I just threw a PM at Tatersdaman since he is a fellow Ahian and had lots of good on the "legal" thread. Building this thing has been huge fun, and doing it on the cheap makes it so much more! If I can register and license my ride, I will be posting exactly how that was done for the benefit of all who must ride bikes not on the "Ohio approved moped manufacturers list" I have two sons who want their own, so new projects equals new opportunities. I hope I might have some good to throw out there as a result.

2. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

we're glad you found us.

Most of us don't bother trying to register these. In most places it doesn't seem to be possible.

the good news is that most of us aren't hassled by the police, or anyone else for that matter.

Have fun.