Wrenchin' music

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by uncle_punk13, Jan 17, 2007.

1. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

Hey All,
    I wasn't sure where to post this, so off topic seemed the place.
    I was wondering what's your 'wrenchin' music' that is, what do you listen to when you are doin' your thing in the garage (or driveway, or family room, or whever ya' do your wrenchin') on your machine?
    Mine are so widely varied, it depends on the project at hand, and mood at the time but my mainstays are Ramones, Social Distortion, Hank III, Bob Seger, George Thorogood, Pink Floyd, Willie Nelson, Sisters of Mercy, Goth History Vol. I-IV, Iggy Pop (stooges), Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly, Johnny Cash, and Steppenwolf.
    There's a lot more, but these seem to be the one's I end up with the most.
    I can't really narrow it down any more from there...
    How 'bout anyone else?

:evil:
    Rif

2. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

that's too funny...this was a new topic when i got done redoing my intake gasket & logged on...just a few minutes ago :)

tonight, i queued up chicago VI & VIII...that and a cold busch 40, the job was done 'afore i knew it 8)

3. etheric

etheric Guest

That's a pretty good list uncle.
    Mine would be all over the place too but as I think back to fond times spent in the garage I think some loud rootsy blues and loud rootsy reggae are both top picks in my mind.

4. psuggmog

psuggmog Guest

I don't really listen to these very often anymore but they are part of my vinyl collection. I played them when I was in high school during the sixties. They really bugged my dad.
    1)The History of Drag Racing( lots of revving gassers and interviews with guys like George Hurst and Tommy Ivo.) A highschool friend of mine memorized this verbatim and used to recite all the interviews.
    2)Sounds of Hotrods in HiFi(where else can you hear a Crosley powered dragster on a recorrd?)

5. ROCKET_80

ROCKET_80 Guest

For me, it's the punk, some ska, some blugrass, but when you really need to crank it up....
    ...Dial M for METAL! :grin:

6. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

it was "little feat - waiting for columbus" for friday's carburetor rebuild 8)

7. Steve

Steve Guest

Gettin real hard to find on the air around here these days, but I like the blues.